3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D - daily roster

cats- A, Blk, Hits, FOW, G, Pt, SOG, TOI

Got this offer;

i trade;
    Dougie Hamilton

he trades;
    Lehkonen or Hinostroza
    Nic Petan

I have a young team and am realistically a year or two from seriously competing. I donÂ’t mind moving Dougie if I can get good value for him. Any combinations you can see that are fair to both teams. IÂ’m struggling to see anything right now

my other D:
    Werenski, Morrissey, Hughes, Cholowski, Stecher, Benn, Dillon, Valimaki, Dobson, Aho, Djoos

IÂ’m weak at winger position. His wings:
    DeBrincat, Hinostroza, Teuvo Teravainen, Cam Atkinson, Kane, Mark Stone, Hall, Lehkonen, Crouse, Bryan Rust, Jordan Eberle

his prospects:
    Bjork, Roslovic, Carrier, Goldobin, Milano, Petan, Matthew Strome

Let me know if you need more info. No one else has inquired about Dougie yet.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trade Advice

I don't like the offer myself. First off, you are getting back mediocre players for a pretty dynamic Dman. Hamilton is a good player in your setup. Even in a "down year" in Carolina, he still put up 39pts and hit a lot of other cats for you.

This is quantity for quality for me and those trades are usually losers for the guy getting the quantity. Dougie still has YEARS of production to offer. I don't know why you are trying to trade him myself. If this is the best you can get for him, I'd just keep him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

If you can add a little piece to Hamilton to get Debrincat, Atkinson, Stone, Hall, or Kane (either Evander or Patty), then go for it, but otherwise I'm with Axe, I would just hold Hamilton.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with the above, not worth that trade. I too would try for a better winger even though you will have to add. Try for atkinson, owner may be down on Columbus for losing stars. He will still be PP1
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks everyone. I agree with you all. I asked what I can add to get one of those top guys and we’ll see what he says. I’m definitely not looking to get rid of Dougie for nothing!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Honestly if I were you, I'd keep Hamilton, I wouldn't shop him at all (even for something besides this sad offer). If you can make something work where you gain value (ie the trades above people are proposing), great, but no need to try to trade him for the sake of trading.

Out of your D, in two years when you want to be competing, without Hamilton you're looking at Werenski and Hughes (50/50 Valimaki makes this tier too) as your top guys, with Dobson and Cholowski likely being your depth guys. You'll need another 2 or so top options if you want to compete. Hamilton would be one of those. He has great multi-cat coverage and should get more PP time in future. Why sell a piece that you'll need in two years anyways?
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Administrator

That offer is garbage.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah, the offer is pretty bad. I wasn’t shopping Hamilton, but thought since this guy asked I’d see if I could improve my team. But I think, like stated above, keeping Hamilton is more beneficial to me all around.