Thread: Montembeault

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Montembeault

This guy going to be serviceable next season? Luongo as a mentor? Thoughts?
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Montembeault

It's going to be an interesting offseason in Florida. If Bob goes there as expected/rumoured, then Monty is the 4th goalie on the depth chart (3rd if Luongo retires/goes on LTIR). It'll be tough for him to make a big splash next year, but he certainly looked better than Reimer, and is cheaper too. He has the talent, but for things to actually work out for him he's going to need the opportunity, which just isn't there right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's going to be an interesting offseason in Florida. If Bob goes there as expected/rumoured, then Monty is the 4th goalie on the depth chart (3rd if Luongo retires/goes on LTIR). It'll be tough for him to make a big splash next year, but he certainly looked better than Reimer, and is cheaper too. He has the talent, but for things to actually work out for him he's going to need the opportunity, which just isn't there right now.
    I second this.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Monster

I think the ideal situation in Florida would be Luongo sits out the season as injured, Reimer is traded, a new starter is brought in (Bob #1) and Monty is the #2. Few creases are more up in the air than Floridas. I dont know if we will know the answer until training camp because I think the plan with Lou would probably be to have him fail the physical so they get cap relief.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, I don't think Luongo will be mentoring anyone much longer. To be honest, it wont surprise me if Florida tries to move Reimer in the off-season. He didnt have a great year this past season but he's an experienced backup. His contract isn't great with two more years at $3.4M so they might have to eat a little to make a deal happen.

IF they deal Reimer, I'd expect Montembeault to be the backup to the expected incoming Bobrovsky. That being said, he's still a backup to a multi-Vezina award goalie who's going to get PAID, so you know he will be starting most of the games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I'm not high on Montembeault in fantasy. He needs more seasoning and I think Florida will be looking elsewhere for a goalie fix.

I've heard here and there that this could be the end for Luongo. It's pretty common knowledge that he's very beat up from having such high mileage. So he would be LTIR-bound to avoid cap penalties.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wow great input. Thanks guys. I have a very green team with room so ill hope bob signs and plays like he did early last season giving monty a shot where he holds down some solid play a 'la binnington.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ridethesnow View Post
    Wow great input. Thanks guys. I have a very green team with room so ill hope bob signs and plays like he did early last season giving monty a shot where he holds down some solid play a 'la binnington.
    Binnington was crazy good in the AHL before his promotion. Montembeault hasn't cracked .900 yet. I mean of course he *could* get promoted and catch fire right away. If Hammond can do it, anyone can. I'm just not counting on it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

honestly dont know until the smoke clears on what kind of voodoo Tallon plans on doing with Louie+Reimer.

If the plan is to deep six Louie on some type ltir then I'd imagine Reimer would be the backup to Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hard to figure out till smoke clears and they either sign Bob, Roberto is moved or is put on LtIR and Reimer dealt.
    Best scenario, he is backup to a true #1.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO