2 8.70%
  • Blues in 6

4 17.39%
  • Blues in 7

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Big Daddy

Default Re: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Coin flip series I think but I’m pulling hard for Jumbo Joe so let’s go Sharks in 7.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

SJ in 7. Pavelski is back.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

My playoff bracket has boston vrs st louis in the finals, so i'll stick with the blues for the cash...

Dobber Sports Sage

Sharks in 6
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I had St.Louis vs Columbus in the Cup. Will stick with the Blues in 7.
    However I’d love to see Thornton raise the Stanley Cup.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tough not to cheer for Joe here, but I'd rather see Bozak and Steen play for a cup. Blues in 7

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, ya gotta "hand" it to the Sharks for the OT win in Game 3.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    And the glove fits...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Refs are really handling this playoffs poorly. I think we need to put two more on the ice.

Administrator

Of course Meier gets a secondary assist on the overtime goal

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Of course Meier gets a secondary assist on the overtime goal
    Yeah... did you see it? It bounced off of his hand so of course he should get an assist.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Great newspaper headline.

I am now convinced that all men have an Attention Deficit Disorder. Unfortunately for the Blues, the refs were in sync with it.

This is an overtime of a playoff game game not an exhibition game. The players are working their asses off because they are so close to the Stanley Cup finals and the refs are day dreaming. Again, why are the 4 officials not watching where the play is happening? 4 officials. Lol. How can the NHL not be embarrassed? Why are these obvious mistakes not reviewable? Its on the NHL. Getting very hard to watch.

Big Daddy

Three enormous calls all in favour of San Jose at crucial times. Crazy coincidence but you can’t blame people for thinking the league is trying to send off Jumbo with a Cup.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Three enormous calls all in favour of San Jose at crucial times. Crazy coincidence but you can’t blame people for thinking the league is trying to send off Jumbo with a Cup.
    I think people need to start blaming the league for handicapping their refs.

Sharks vs Golden Knights - Refs cannot review a major penalty and they get the call wrong on a major penalty

Sharks vs Avs - Refs can review an offside and they originally got the call wrong, but were able to reverse it and get it right, even if it was by 1 mm.

Sharks vs Blues - Refs cannot review a hand-pass on a goal and the refs totally missed it and it ended up being the OT winner.

So in summary, the NHL needs to fix what can and cannot be review.

My suggested solution.

Expand what CAN be reviewed and minimize the amount of time that a review should take to like 60 seconds. If it is not blatantly obvious in 60 seconds, leave it to the refs original call.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think people need to start blaming the league for handicapping their refs.

Sharks vs Golden Knights - Refs cannot review a major penalty and they get the call wrong on a major penalty

Sharks vs Avs - Refs can review an offside and they originally got the call wrong, but were able to reverse it and get it right, even if it was by 1 mm.

Sharks vs Blues - Refs cannot review a hand-pass on a goal and the refs totally missed it and it ended up being the OT winner.

So in summary, the NHL needs to fix what can and cannot be review.

My suggested solution.

Expand what CAN be reviewed and minimize the amount of time that a review should take to like 60 seconds. If it is not blatantly obvious in 60 seconds, leave it to the refs original call.
    There was a goal in the Bruins/Jackets series that was scored after the puck went into mesh above the glass. I'm not opposed to going the route of the NFL in which all scoring plays are reviewed as long as it is done in a quick manner like PH suggested (under 60 seconds). A blatantly obvious blown call by the refs should never result in a goal if we are able to use common sense.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".