0 0%
  • Bruins in 5

2 9.09%
  • Bruins in 6

10 45.45%
  • Bruins in 7

2 9.09%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Again the Bruins get solid depth scoring and that along with clutch goaltending is what will get your team W's in the playoffs. PP and PK have been solid as well.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    Marchand lays bait , Williams takes it , Bruins score.
    I have never agreed with the cynics who say that the NHL gives favorable calls to the teams they prefer to see in the final but after seeing this play and of course the phantom brutal cross check on Pavelski, one truely has to wonder.

Marchand Dr Hooks Williams around the shoulder and pulls him down. No penalty. Williams pulls the strap off Marchands helmet with his hand, not his stick but his hand and gets a penalty.
    This is getting seriously suspicious and if the NHL is not embarrassed, then they are guilty.

Looks like San Jose and Boston in the final just like they want. Book it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I have never agreed with the cynics who say that the NHL gives favorable calls to the teams they prefer to see in the final but after seeing this play and of course the phantom brutal cross check on Pavelski, one truely has to wonder.

Marchand Dr Hooks Williams around the shoulder and pulls him down. No penalty. Williams pulls the strap off Marchands helmet with his hand, not his stick but his hand and gets a penalty.
    This is getting seriously suspicious and if the NHL is not embarrassed, then they are guilty.

I think we need to remember that the refs don’t benefit from instant replay on that call. Yes Marchand should have got a penalty for that but they weren’t looking at he and Williams at that time. All they saw was Williams retaliation. The refs also either missed or let a lot of calls against the Hurricanes go in this game (Marchand getting tripped on a short handed breakaway comes to mind). It was far from one sided.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but that usually applies to the government rather than sports. I can lend you my tinfoil hat for the rest of the playoffs if you like?

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I think we need to remember that the refs don’t benefit from instant replay on that call. Yes Marchand should have got a penalty for that but they weren’t looking at he and Williams at that time. All they saw was Williams retaliation. The refs also either missed or let a lot of calls against the Hurricanes go in this game (Marchand getting tripped on a short handed breakaway comes to mind). It was far from one sided.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but that usually applies to the government rather than sports. I can lend you my tinfoil hat for the rest of the playoffs if you like?
    lol No thanks.

It seems the referee's make the excuse about not seeing the intial infraction too often, however, I have to think that they just see what they want to see. When a player has the puck, why isn't one of the referee's watching that? Like Mackinnon when he gets tripped up in game 7 by Karlsson just as he was about to breakaway on Jones for example? What were they looking at then? They can't say they missed that because thats where the puck was. lol

I didn't watch most of the game yesterday but seen this particular play on line and couldn't believe Williams got a holding call, regardless of what BM, which also stands for bowel movement btw, did. That stuff happens in front of the net just about at every whistle and nothing is ever called.

Anyways, this has got to be the worst display of refereeing in the playoffs that I can remember witnessing.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post

Hey i agree , it was a missed call on Marchand but its happened to both teams , as viewers we are not seeing infractions away from puck play which the camera is not focused on. The refs miss some of these infractions as well.

So far the penalties called on both teams in the series are even at 7 minor penalties apiece.

the series with the Jackets is: 19 minors called on Columbus , 22 called on Boston , not to mention 2 of those minors were called against Boston in game 2 O.T.

So im not seeing any favoritism here , where there missed calls ? sure there were and on both sides. But as far as penalties called its even or actually favors Bruins opponents at this point although i didnt look at the Toronto series.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

for the Toronto series:

18 called on Boston
    16 called on Toronto

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

I could see a conspiracy theory if the actual penalties called were heavily favored to Boston's advantage but it's not. Boston capitalizes on their PP chances while the other teams have not , is it that simple? yes and no.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Jedi

I could see a conspiracy theory if the actual penalties called were heavily favored to Boston's advantage but it's not. Boston capitalizes on their PP chances while the other teams have not , is it that simple? yes and no.
    you make a good point

PP's Game 2:

Bos 2/2
    Car 0/4
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Comparing penalties called on each side is not a good representation of fairness. That is such bullshit. Fairness would be measured by how many penalties SHOULD have been called on each side, and that's defined by player actions.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Comparing penalties called on each side is not a good representation of fairness. That is such bullshit. Fairness would be measured by how many penalties SHOULD have been called on each side, and that's defined by player actions.
    I was agreeing with his point on capitalizing on chances.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well im sure if penalties called did favor Boston then that would be pointed out here as an advantage but since it isn't then people have to reach for something else.

So the logic is that penalties called do not matter at all, only the penalties that should have been called. OK

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

I learn something new everyday here.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Administrator

Well im sure if penalties called did favor Boston then that would be pointed out here as an advantage but since it isn't then people have to reach for something else.

So the logic is that penalties called do not matter at all, only the penalties that should have been called. OK
    You misread what I wrote. I'm really not surprised.

Dobber Sports Initiate

ok my bad , i guess im missing your point.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano