Thread: R Thomas

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default R Thomas

Has to be asked after such a great performance last night and in the STL/DAL series...

What can Robert Thomas do next year in points only? What kind of ice time/deployment will he get?

40ish points?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: R Thomas

Considering he was eased in this season, had 13 points in his last 20 games, and may finally get regular top 6 minutes plus PP time, I think 40 points is the floor.
    He's ready for 16+ minutes per game, 1-2 minutes of PP time, and a fair bit of point accumulation. Be wary of his shot totals, but if he keeps that confidence he showed in game 7 last night, look out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

40-50 points. I think it'll be a mixed bag. They have a lot of guys locked in with big contracts (and that always matters), yet there's some injury-proneness among that group.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thomas probably won't break out next season BUT we can all see the potential he has long term, if you have room on your keepers I would draft him and wait an additional year before expecting the true breakout.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Jedi

40-55 most likely due to ATOI, but given 1st line deployment & PP1, I could see 60+. But that's a dream world seeing who's in front of him on the depth charts atm.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not too worried about the depth chart ahead of him. Schenn, Tank, ROR, Schwartz are locked in for the top two lines. That means between Steen, Thomas, and Perron, 2/3 will fill out the rest of the top 6. Perron hasn't been getting the deployment this season, especially as the season went on, so I would expect him to be the one in the bottom 6. He fills out a decent third line with Bozak and Maroon/other.
    And as Eric mentioned, the majority of the guys listed are injury-prone, so Thomas stands to benefit from simply staying healthy and in the lineup Takn avanag o tat mean hen players return, he won't be kicked down the lineup so soon.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)