Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insane deal (literally)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Insane deal (literally)

My buddy who we call the King of the Trade, just made me an offer so unbelievably good to refuse, I can't wait to make it happen! I had to share with someone just based on how ridiculous this is....

The Deal:

I draft Makar with my 5th overall pick in next year's draft (I think there is a very good chance he will be there at 5)

After the draft, I then trade him for Wheeler, Ekholm, and Point.

I feel like I'm making out like an absolute bandit on this. I would be crushed if Makar goes before my pick!
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Insane deal (literally)

Is this a cap League? That is the only way I can see this making any sense for your buddy!

If you can, is there any way to try and trade up in the draft to ensure you get Makar.

Who else is available in the draft?

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm with PH, looks good, but I feel like there are some rules we are missing.
    Is it a cap league? What kind of keeper setup do you have (and are there special rookie rules)?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is this a cap League? That is the only way I can see this making any sense for your buddy!

If you can, is there any way to try and trade up in the draft to ensure you get Makar.

Who else is available in the draft?
    my thoughts as well..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Your buddy is F-ing with you. He offered the guy with 4th overall just Wheeler and it has been verbally agreed upon.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Your buddy is F-ing with you. He offered the guy with 4th overall just Wheeler and it has been verbally agreed upon.
    If you have actual inside info on that, that's pretty funny.

Also watch Makar then go third overall...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    This whole deal was on my mind my whole lunch break.

I was thinking of a couple different different scenarios

1) That he is completely blowing smoke and that he has 0 intention of trading those guys and just trying to dictate who you draft.

2) That he has offered those three players to each of the guys ahead of you for a different player, trying to ensure a certain player falls to him in the draft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

That or there's some league setting where he can't keep any of them, but could keep Makar (who has zero regular season GP).

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would expect veto's to follow quickly thereafter

Makar for Point, Wheeler, Ekholm??
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

lol if there is a veto system the deal wont last 10 minutes

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The fishy part is that he wants you to pick for him. Send him the pick past keeper deadline and be done with it, or it'll prove he has other intentions with you
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Sage

This deal has fall apart all over it. It's hard to makes any sense of it even in a cap league.

The only format I can see this not getting veto'd is a tight cap league that severely over values points from defensmen and prospects.

Or maybe a limited keeper where the other team can't keep point or wheeler because he has better players but can keep a prospect like makar?

If it's the team in OPs signature this trade will probably get veto'd due to bringing the integrity of the league into disrepute.

I really think he's not going to do this deal when push comes to shove so I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. He may have also offered a similar deal (or lesser deal) to teams that draft before you. Which could entice someone to draft makar earlier than 5th.

I think we need a bit more info.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

No cap issues, no nothing...this GM just loves to make trades (a lot of times it’s pretty clear it’s not in his best interest).

He just gets fixated on certain players he loves and will do anything to get them. I casually mentioned I was considering drafting Makar early and now he offered me this insanity so he could have ensure he gets him, as he has no picks in the first 3 rounds.

I could easily see the league wanting to veto the deal, which I would have to deal with. But there’s no collusion or anything - he brought this idea to me haha.

The strange thing about this GM is you would think because of how much he trades he would have a shitty team...but he goes through cycles. Some years his team looks terrible, but then enough trades land in his favor that he ends up fixing it. Right now it’s a decent team, until he does this one and crushes his depth again...however we’re so far out from the draft right now I could see him cooling off/coming to his sense a bit on this. For my sake though I hope he remains insane.

I should also point out for as crazy as my buddy is sometimes with ridiculous deals, he’s an absolute blast to have in the pool. He creates so much trading activity for the league because he never takes no for an answer and finds a way to make trades happen. It’s insanity at its best

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Still, why not trade the pick directly to him?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Still, why not trade the pick directly to him?
    Exactly my thoughts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."