Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
I voted for the Sens. Living in Ottawa as a Habs fan makes me detest this team. For years, the team could do no wrong, and in fans' eyes, the players are awesome until they leave and then they are garbage. For a long time, fans believed everything would wind up going Ottawa's favour. Now that's changed the last couple of years, but for a long time, it was tough.

I truly have little hatred for the Leafs. I don't get the Habs-Leafs rivalry. I think it's overblown by mainstream media looking to create stories, and some fans buy into it. The Habs and Leafs have rarely played a meaningful game against one another since I've been alive, they haven't met in the playoffs for 40-someodd years, they were in different conferences throughout the 80s and 90s. I just don't get it. There's probably another 5-10 teams that Habs fans should hate more than the Leafs.

The Bruins are my second-most hated team, but it's not really close when compared to the Sens. But Habs-Bruins are the best rivalry in sports. Especially considering the Habs usually best them in the playoffs. It's a fun rivalry when my team wins most of the time.
Well, we've won two of the last three meetings now Montreal had a good little streak in the oughts but much like their Cups, their domination of the Bruins is pretty much ancient history at this point I agree that it's the best rivalry in Sports (Red Sox/Yankees would be up there too though)

As far as the Leafs/Habs rivalry goes, it's pretty prominent here in Eastern Canada because those are easily the two largest fan bases in the Atlantic provinces (Bruins/Penguins being the next biggest followings). But I agree that it's overblown as far as an actual rivalry between the teams go.