Poll: Who is your most hated NHL team?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is your most hated NHL team?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who is your most hated NHL team?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Detroit red wings. Hated their antics back in the late 1990s, and hated how they signed Bertuzzi after he ended an Avs player's career.

Don't much care for the new Bertuzzi on their team either- plays like his uncle- a dirty rat.

Other teams I don't much care for but more disdain rather than hate:

Vancouver Canucks- ever since 2004 playoffs and the Bertuzzi incident. Also where Matt Cooke began his career

Boston Bruins - Ever since they had Shawn Thornton, Lucic, and Marchand on the same team. Basically a collection of scumbags with Patrice Bergeron as the one guy they point to and say "we have classy players, look!"

Winnepeg Jets: Blake wheeler annoys me greatly and also fights with his own teammates in practice. Meh
    geez , your team must be loaded with classy players , lucky you!!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As a Canucks/Leafs fan (yes, we do exist), nobody holds a candle to the Bruins. So many layers of trauma.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Administrator

I won't actually vote here but the only team that comes to mind is... Edmonton. So many gifts handed to them and they still managed to screw it up.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    The Leafs, of course. Mostly because of how the national media just assumes that everybody in Canada must be interested in the Leafs, and because of their obnoxious (and mostly fairweather) fans who show up to games in Western Canada.

I used to hate the Oilers, but now I just feel sorry for them...and Axe...poor Axe.
    LOL! I can feel the love.

For me, it's between the Habs and Leafs (if the Flames aren't an option). I don't know what team I dislike more between these two. Both fan bases are annoying.

Leaf fans are even worse now that they are finally not a hot mess. For years, I always used to say the difference between Leafs fans and Oilers fans is Oilers fans were smart enough to know their team sucked. LOL!

Habs fans have a certain arrogance around them. I love it when they get Ole'd.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I had to vote Vancouver but only because I live in BC and listen to too many Canuck fans insist that "their" team is the best when most of them don't know who's on the team in the first place. Realistically I understand that that kind of annoyance will happen anywhere when bandwagoners pile onboard. That makes them my #1 regardless.

Marchand at the moment though makes the Bruins my 100% most hated team. Enough that I'd side with Canuck fans on that one.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

dont really hate any specific teams but I have varying degrees of respect .

I do hate the caps siren though

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I'm thinking it will be Leafs, Bruins and Habs competing for the top spot lol
    I thought the Habs would be up there too but I guess you need to actually be competitive and relevant to garner any hate these days

I honestly thought the Bruins would run away with this (more due to timing) but not all that surprised that the Leafs are keeping pace. Thought the Flyers might get a few more votes too but that may be the competitive aspect again.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    As a die-hard Leafs fan my most hated team will likely surprise you all but it is the Buffalo Sabres. Absolutely hate the team, can’t stand the fans or their media and not to be a dick but the city is general is a shit hole.

Second most hated team is Montreal, as a Leafs fan the reasons are obvious.

As for the Bruins, I’ve never hated them. Even after the 4-1 collapse and last year’s Game 7 loss, they were the better team and deserved to win. But that has changed after these playoffs. Nothing to do with the fact that the Leafs lost again, I’m not that sort of fan. But the amount of cheap shots and dirty plays they throw out and constantly get away with, Marchand’s shit eating grin and arrogance, the fact that Chara is a dirty prick on the ice but is a clean player in the eyes of Bruins fans, DeBrusk being molded into a little rat like his buddy Brad, the list goes on and on. They have officially entered hated territory for me. Sad part is it is only because of Marchand and Chara and the incompetence of the NHL refs. I’ve always hoped for Original Six clubs to do well (sans Habs).
    I am surprised by this... never would have guess the Buffalo thing
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I thought the Habs would be up there too but I guess you need to actually be competitive and relevant to garner any hate these days

I honestly thought the Bruins would run away with this (more due to timing) but not all that surprised that the Leafs are keeping pace. Thought the Flyers might get a few more votes too but that may be the competitive aspect again.

I am surprised by this... never would have guess the Buffalo thing
    More of a personal hatred. I would imagine there will be a Leafs-Sabres rivalry eventually if Barfalo could ever end their 10 year rebuild and make the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

More of a personal hatred. I would imagine there will be a Leafs-Sabres rivalry eventually if Barfalo could ever end their 10 year rebuild and make the playoffs.
    It's not just arena's out west Leafs fans take over...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Since Edmonton's not on the poll I voted Leafs.

My sports media outlets are already flooded with stories about "will Babcock return" "how do players regard Dubas" (WTF) "6 ways the Leafs can shed salary" blah blah blah.
    Meanwhile no coverage of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

The Great One

Your hatred makes sense when you consider that the Leafs have never had a winning record against Buffalo. Ever.
    http://buffalohockeycentral.com/sabr...eafs-all-time/

Dobber Sports Immortal

Leafs for me ....and looks like I just gave them the lead.

Grew up surrounded by their fans and it has unfortunately affected me to the core.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Your hatred makes sense when you consider that the Leafs have never had a winning record against Buffalo. Ever.
    http://buffalohockeycentral.com/sabr...eafs-all-time/
    Not exactly true if you break it down by year but still pretty interesting and surprising to be honest.

Dobber Sports Guru

I voted for the Sens. Living in Ottawa as a Habs fan makes me detest this team. For years, the team could do no wrong, and in fans' eyes, the players are awesome until they leave and then they are garbage. For a long time, fans believed everything would wind up going Ottawa's favour. Now that's changed the last couple of years, but for a long time, it was tough.

I truly have little hatred for the Leafs. I don't get the Habs-Leafs rivalry. I think it's overblown by mainstream media looking to create stories, and some fans buy into it. The Habs and Leafs have rarely played a meaningful game against one another since I've been alive, they haven't met in the playoffs for 40-someodd years, they were in different conferences throughout the 80s and 90s. I just don't get it. There's probably another 5-10 teams that Habs fans should hate more than the Leafs.

The Bruins are my second-most hated team, but it's not really close when compared to the Sens. But Habs-Bruins are the best rivalry in sports. Especially considering the Habs usually best them in the playoffs. It's a fun rivalry when my team wins most of the time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I truly have little hatred for the Leafs. I don't get the Habs-Leafs rivalry. I think it's overblown by mainstream media looking to create stories, and some fans buy into it.
    CBC/Sportsnet love to push the rivalry because it's the two largest fanbases, so by default the games get the highest viewership. Similarly, CBC/Sportsnet love to push the Canadian team angle during the playoffs to get the best of all worlds. Like you said, there's a lot of made-up stuff in the mainstream media. They're not wrong to do it because they run a business. It's up to us to see through it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust