Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How many games for McAvoy?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: How many games for McAvoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    hate is a pretty strong word.....maybe we can get it down to dislike with some therapy?
    Nope its hate for sure. I'm a Canucks fan, lets get that out of the way first, you will now understand I think. Don't get me wrong, I think they've got some great players on the team, I respect the talent.

The following is a short list of reasons why they make my blood boil:

1 - 2011 playoffs double standard officiating, and in general they get a bit of a pass on calls because of their reputation.
    2 - Marchand is a POS. Great hockey player but he is a POS. He is incredibly immature and a flopping coward, plays dirty but can't take it when the tables are turned. Needs Z to protect him. And now he's acting like Russell Westbrook when there is a mic in his face. I'm still waiting for the day someone finally knocks that shit-eating grin off his face for good.
    3 - The Boston NESN "broadcasters". These guys are the biggest homers in the game. Incredibly unprofessional with the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard. Sadly, Sportsnet for some reason broadcasts the Boston games when the Leafs are not playing and the times I've tuned in I can't believe what I'm hearing. It's garbage.

I don't hate much in life, Bruins are on a very short list.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Chara is a competitor; you can't lump him in with dirty players. That hit on MaxPax really wasn't that bad at all, it just had an unfortunate result.
    Agree to disagree then.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Resident Bruins fan unsurprisingly doesn't think aging curves exist when talking about local team players. Unsurprising.
    well i would say 4T2 is the resident Bruins fan here , im just trying to offer a little support , lol , but thanks for that point on the aging curve Captain Obvious!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=Daydream Nation;1976651]

Oh no. Not a Blackhawks diss. Should I become unhinged because someone insulted my team. LOL
    no its ok , dont be rattled , i experience this all the time here , you'll get used to it and develop a thick skin my friend!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

so is this the Charlie MacAvoy suspension thread , i seemed to have gotten lost , i thought for a minute it was the Boston Bruins hate thread , that's over in aisle 1967!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Nope its hate for sure. I'm a Canucks fan, lets get that out of the way first, you will now understand I think. Don't get me wrong, I think they've got some great players on the team, I respect the talent.

The following is a short list of reasons why they make my blood boil:

1 - 2011 playoffs double standard officiating, and in general they get a bit of a pass on calls because of their reputation.
    2 - Marchand is a POS. Great hockey player but he is a POS. He is incredibly immature and a flopping coward, plays dirty but can't take it when the tables are turned. Needs Z to protect him. And now he's acting like Russell Westbrook when there is a mic in his face. I'm still waiting for the day someone finally knocks that shit-eating grin off his face for good.
    3 - The Boston NESN "broadcasters". These guys are the biggest homers in the game. Incredibly unprofessional with the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard. Sadly, Sportsnet for some reason broadcasts the Boston games when the Leafs are not playing and the times I've tuned in I can't believe what I'm hearing. It's garbage.

I don't hate much in life, Bruins are on a very short list.
    ok so i figured out Nucks fan by the pic of a hot chick in Nucks shirt , done.

1. damn that was soooo looong ago i barely remember anything except for Burrows taking a bite of Bergeron's finger and NOT getting suspended and then Aaron Rome blindsiding Nathan Horton with a hit that sent him to the hospital on a stretcher. After that all i remember is Chara skating around Roger's Arena with the Stanley Cup!

2. I get it , Marchand doesn't play for the Vancouver Canucks.

3.While i can partially agree here , it's not a valid reason to hate the team itself.

good luck with those feelings , thats a lot to carry around

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Stud

Let’s not make the assumption that all Bruins fans are proud of either Marchand or the NESN broadcast team. There are some of us who can’t stand either of those things. But we have to live with them as they are part of the team and there’s nothing we can do about that.

And yes, there are some (many) brutally obnoxious, absolute homer fans that think the B’s can do no wrong. Can’t stand them either and wish there was an option to toss them in the Charles River sometimes.

McAvoy absolutely deserved a suspension and should have been tossed from the game.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I

So many things wrong here...
    Chara is a class act? Remember when he tried to end Paccioretty’s career and his ability to walk? Yeah. Class.
    Bergeron is a complete class act. But guys like that on this team are overshadowed by the personality tire fire that is Marchand. The guys a complete ass clown and an embarrassment. The organization hasn’t reigned him in. Seriously - drunk ******** in my beer league don’t stomp on other guys sticks. Did you see his post game comments last night both on the ice and in the locker room. What a smug git. I don’t get how you think this is something to support.

A classy organization would have had McAvoy come out and say it was a fast play and he did not intend to hit the guy in the head and he hopes he’s ok. But no, he doubles down on the douchebaggery and says “it was a hockey play.” Classless and completely incorrect. Again, embarrassing for those of us who inhabit the real world.

It’s good that rooting for a morally bankrupt organization that everyone hates and is an embarrassment to the league is important to Bruins fans. You should have tons of motivation. Maybe Milburry will start another fight at a kids hockey game soon so you hold that up as another shining example of what the Bruins organization is all about.
    Pathetic.
    Well the Boston Bruins have a long , proud history of respected players but like all the other teams in the NHL they have had their share of players that walk the line, look at your own team and im sure you'll find a few of those. You can't define an organization on a few players , the majority of Bruins , past and present play within the code of conduct laid out by the league and by the players but when an opposing player on the other team crosses the line the Bruins step up to answer and that's what you have to do to win sometimes , its called being a team.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Let’s not make the assumption that all Bruins fans are proud of either Marchand or the NESN broadcast team. There are some of us who can’t stand either of those things. But we have to live with them as they are part of the team and there’s nothing we can do about that.

And yes, there are some (many) brutally obnoxious, absolute homer fans that think the B’s can do no wrong. Can’t stand them either and wish there was an option to toss them in the Charles River sometimes.

McAvoy absolutely deserved a suspension and should have been tossed from the game.
    i agree here , look i dont like the shit Marchand used to pull as in a slew foot, etc. and im not proud of those kind of actions. There is no room for that trying to hurt another player. I think he has been spoken to by mngmt. and teammates and feel he has changed his play.

Im not crazy about Jack Edwards, he's over the top annoying but Andy Brickley does fine analysis if you listen to him.

But is Boston the only team in the league with a 'Marchand" and a homer broadcast team?

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

im still waiting to see how many games Kukan gets. Its gotta be more than MacAvoy as he targeted the head with intent to injure.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    You’ve said a lot of really moronic things on these boards in the past but this one takes the cake.
    thanks DustHeadDave , i put a lot of thought and effort into them just to get you riled up , mission accomplished!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Administrator

im still waiting to see how many games Kukan gets. Its gotta be more than MacAvoy as he targeted the head with intent to injure.
    OK we get it, you don't like the outcome. You told us enough times already.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

i dont think i commented on the outcome yet but i'll try and put together a cohesive synopsis.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol. Most people try harder to not be so transparently hypocritical.

Big Daddy

thanks DustHeadDave , i put a lot of thought and effort into them just to get you riled up , mission accomplished!
    You already responded to this comment and didn’t get a reaction so you quoted it a second time. I figured we were dealing with a child from all the nonsense you post, thanks for the confirmation.

Have a look around the threads you participate in. Your comments either go ignored or criticized for being idiotic. You continue to embarrass yourself without even realizing. Keep up to good work pal.