Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: How many games for McAvoy?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: How many games for McAvoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Agreed. I can't stand the Bruins either. Marchand is a classless punk. Wilson, Kadri, and Domi don't bother me nearly as much.
    Really Tom Wilson doesn't bother you? He's a far more dangerous dirty unhinged player than Marchand is. Of course, he doesn't come along with the attitude or the pesky antics that Marchand does so I guess I can understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    See this might be true, if people hated the Kings or the Penguins or the Blackhawks or the Warriors or the Cavs the or the Dodgers or the Giants or the Royals the same way. But they don't. Hmm, I wonder what the other common denominator must be....

Huh. Anyways, can't think of it. Must be nothing. Must. Be. Nothing. Definitely not any other poignantly obvious common denominator.
    Yeah, you're right, no one hates any of those teams? Penguins, Kings, Blackhawks were ranked 3,6,7 in the article that I linked to in he most hated teams thread.

A quick google search will show you that the Warriors are easily the NBA's most hated team but I'll post this link for you anyway: https://www.sportressofblogitude.com...a-team-survey/ . Cleveland, not so much, but still #11 most hated in NBA according to this Reddit poll.

As far as the MLB teams you listed go, Royals are number 5 on this list . Giants seem to be an exception to the rule for a semi-dynasty coming in around #12. Dodgers haven't won anything yet, which tends to give them a more "likeable" vibe.

Teams that win a championship and are competitive for a long time almost always end up getting some hate. Look at the Canadiens of old or the Yankees. If it isn't who you root for, you get sick and tired of watching the same team compete for a title year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Just announced, 1 game suspension for McAvoy.
    I can handle that. Seems to be in keeping with most of the suspensions handed out this year. Kadri is the only player to receive a suspension for an on-ice incident longer than 3 games this year (regular season and playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I

So many things wrong here...
    Chara is a class act? Remember when he tried to end Paccioretty’s career and his ability to walk? Yeah. Class.
    Bergeron is a complete class act. But guys like that on this team are overshadowed by the personality tire fire that is Marchand. The guys a complete ass clown and an embarrassment. The organization hasn’t reigned him in. Seriously - drunk ******** in my beer league don’t stomp on other guys sticks. Did you see his post game comments last night both on the ice and in the locker room. What a smug git. I don’t get how you think this is something to support.

A classy organization would have had McAvoy come out and say it was a fast play and he did not intend to hit the guy in the head and he hopes he’s ok. But no, he doubles down on the douchebaggery and says “it was a hockey play.” Classless and completely incorrect. Again, embarrassing for those of us who inhabit the real world.

It’s good that rooting for a morally bankrupt organization that everyone hates and is an embarrassment to the league is important to Bruins fans. You should have tons of motivation. Maybe Milburry will start another fight at a kids hockey game soon so you hold that up as another shining example of what the Bruins organization is all about.
    Pathetic.
    I'll echo the fact that the results from the Chara incident were far worse than the actual hit. There isn't a team in the NHL that wouldn't take Marchand on their team in a heartbeat. The guy scored 100 points this year. Unfortunately, he comes with some baggage. The Bruins have definitely reigned him in a bit (compared to past years) but he still crosses the line. Stepping on the stick is classless, the rabbit punch was classless, the interview responses were classless. However his antics are effective and get his opponents off his game. Do I like them? No, but I appreciate Marchand for what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    See, this is healthy. Get it all out. Feels good.

I like the Bruins. I don't like Marchand's antics and would love to see him get smoked when he tries something stupid - I won't play the internet tough guy and say I would do something because that would be wishful thinking (I would have to have enough talent to be in the NHL and then be tough enough to actually punch my way out of a wet paper bag AND THEN not be shocked when the douchebag pulls something out of his (douche)bag of tricks, to actually do something).

I will be cheering for the Bruins to beat Carolina and compete for the Cup.

1 game for McAvoy is acceptable for what transpired.
    ^Possibly the best comment in this entire thread

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Chara is a competitor; you can't lump him in with dirty players. That hit on MaxPax really wasn't that bad at all, it just had an unfortunate result.
    ^Nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Nope its hate for sure. I'm a Canucks fan, lets get that out of the way first, you will now understand I think. Don't get me wrong, I think they've got some great players on the team, I respect the talent.

The following is a short list of reasons why they make my blood boil:

1 - 2011 playoffs double standard officiating, and in general they get a bit of a pass on calls because of their reputation.
    2 - Marchand is a POS. Great hockey player but he is a POS. He is incredibly immature and a flopping coward, plays dirty but can't take it when the tables are turned. Needs Z to protect him. And now he's acting like Russell Westbrook when there is a mic in his face. I'm still waiting for the day someone finally knocks that shit-eating grin off his face for good.
    3 - The Boston NESN "broadcasters". These guys are the biggest homers in the game. Incredibly unprofessional with the most ridiculous comments I've ever heard. Sadly, Sportsnet for some reason broadcasts the Boston games when the Leafs are not playing and the times I've tuned in I can't believe what I'm hearing. It's garbage.

I don't hate much in life, Bruins are on a very short list.
    Can't blame you for hating the Bruins as a Nucks fan. But they were far from innocent in that 2011 series. Bobby4Ever already pointed out why.

Marchand has at least reigned in the diving which was one of the worst parts of his game. He is still a sh*t disturber though. We put up with a lot from players with that kind of talent when they're on our teams. But being a Bruins fan doesn't mean I have to like Marchand. I was bleeding black and gold before he came to Boston and I will be long after he leaves.

I love Jack Edwards, specifically because he's a homer. It's entertaining for Bruins fans who are watching the NESN feed but I completely understand why he would annoy the hell out of anyone else. He also takes it too far sometimes (as many fans do). In his eyes, the Bruins can do no wrong. So I'm able to take him for what he is even when I don't agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Let’s not make the assumption that all Bruins fans are proud of either Marchand or the NESN broadcast team. There are some of us who can’t stand either of those things. But we have to live with them as they are part of the team and there’s nothing we can do about that.

And yes, there are some (many) brutally obnoxious, absolute homer fans that think the B’s can do no wrong. Can’t stand them either and wish there was an option to toss them in the Charles River sometimes.

McAvoy absolutely deserved a suspension and should have been tossed from the game.
    ^ A reasonable Bruins fan? No way! You're like a unicorn or and educated Trump supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    thanks DustHeadDave , i put a lot of thought and effort into them just to get you riled up , mission accomplished!
    Love the enthusiastic support for the Bruins you provide man, but no need to be calling other users names. It demeans you and the board and hurts the case for all the Bruins fans on here. Dave is a good guy who runs one of my favorite leagues. He's an unabashed Leafs supporter (and now Bruins hater) but he's a good guy all the same. I'm fine with heated debate, but let's keep it on topic and not attack other users.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Big Daddy

Haha thanks for the support 4T2 but it’s all good.

He doesn’t seem to contribute anything to these boards other than immature gloating, irrational comments and personal insults. As I mentioned early, we are dealing with a child here.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Chara is a competitor; you can't lump him in with dirty players. That hit on MaxPax really wasn't that bad at all, it just had an unfortunate result.
    his 'stick work' in these playoffs are becoming legendary. Really making up for that lost step
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Let’s not make the assumption that all Bruins fans are proud of either Marchand or the NESN broadcast team. There are some of us who can’t stand either of those things. But we have to live with them as they are part of the team and there’s nothing we can do about that.

And yes, there are some (many) brutally obnoxious, absolute homer fans that think the B’s can do no wrong. Can’t stand them either and wish there was an option to toss them in the Charles River sometimes.

McAvoy absolutely deserved a suspension and should have been tossed from the game.
    This is the best and most logical post in this thread. Can't stand the Bruins personally but they are what they are. I will forever be rooting against them.

Putting that aside though, it should have been a match penalty. I think match + 1 game would have been the right amount for this hit, and if Anderson took a nap on the ice it probably would have been a match penalty. Alas, sports officiating is as bad as it has ever been.

At this point, 1 game is probably the right amount. But the fact that he wasn't given a match penalty makes 1 game feel light.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Really Tom Wilson doesn't bother you? He's a far more dangerous dirty unhinged player than Marchand is. Of course, he doesn't come along with the attitude or the pesky antics that Marchand does so I guess I can understand this.

Yeah, you're right, no one hates any of those teams? Penguins, Kings, Blackhawks were ranked 3,6,7 in the article that I linked to in he most hated teams thread.

A quick google search will show you that the Warriors are easily the NBA's most hated team but I'll post this link for you anyway: https://www.sportressofblogitude.com...a-team-survey/ . Cleveland, not so much, but still #11 most hated in NBA according to this Reddit poll.

As far as the MLB teams you listed go, Royals are number 5 on this list . Giants seem to be an exception to the rule for a semi-dynasty coming in around #12. Dodgers haven't won anything yet, which tends to give them a more "likeable" vibe.

Teams that win a championship and are competitive for a long time almost always end up getting some hate. Look at the Canadiens of old or the Yankees. If it isn't who you root for, you get sick and tired of watching the same team compete for a title year after year.

I can handle that. Seems to be in keeping with most of the suspensions handed out this year. Kadri is the only player to receive a suspension for an on-ice incident longer than 3 games this year (regular season and playoffs).

I'll echo the fact that the results from the Chara incident were far worse than the actual hit. There isn't a team in the NHL that wouldn't take Marchand on their team in a heartbeat. The guy scored 100 points this year. Unfortunately, he comes with some baggage. The Bruins have definitely reigned him in a bit (compared to past years) but he still crosses the line. Stepping on the stick is classless, the rabbit punch was classless, the interview responses were classless. However his antics are effective and get his opponents off his game. Do I like them? No, but I appreciate Marchand for what he is.

^Possibly the best comment in this entire thread

^Nailed it

Can't blame you for hating the Bruins as a Nucks fan. But they were far from innocent in that 2011 series. Bobby4Ever already pointed out why.

Marchand has at least reigned in the diving which was one of the worst parts of his game. He is still a sh*t disturber though. We put up with a lot from players with that kind of talent when they're on our teams. But being a Bruins fan doesn't mean I have to like Marchand. I was bleeding black and gold before he came to Boston and I will be long after he leaves.

I love Jack Edwards, specifically because he's a homer. It's entertaining for Bruins fans who are watching the NESN feed but I completely understand why he would annoy the hell out of anyone else. He also takes it too far sometimes (as many fans do). In his eyes, the Bruins can do no wrong. So I'm able to take him for what he is even when I don't agree with him

^ A reasonable Bruins fan? No way! You're like a unicorn or and educated Trump supporter

Love the enthusiastic support for the Bruins you provide man, but no need to be calling other users names. It demeans you and the board and hurts the case for all the Bruins fans on here. Dave is a good guy who runs one of my favorite leagues. He's an unabashed Leafs supporter (and now Bruins hater) but he's a good guy all the same. I'm fine with heated debate, but let's keep it on topic and not attack other users.
    ok , up front i agree here 4T2 , no intention to attack another user but if you look at the thread Dave opened the door there implying i was an ass and then a moron with my comments. While i can take someone labeling me a homer , hey that's fine.

Im a lowkey poster , i come on every now and then and contribute to a trade or player question if i feel i have the knowledge to do so. I never attack or name call another poster that i can remember. My posts tend to be sarcastic but have some truth to them if its a hot topic but nothing is meant to be mean spirited.

If you dont agree with my posts well sure you obviously have the right to disagree but no need to call me an ass or moron. Maybe my posts are overzealous and maybe just a little bit obnoxious , lol , but im just havin fun and can take the comeback's Bruins haters wanna give.

I come on here and sometimes just read some of the threads here that go back and forth with drama and im not into that. Its playoff season and my team is winning so im spouting off which is what any guys here would do if it was their team winning.

I'll end this with an apology for anyone who was offended by my posts, no harm meant.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just avoid name calling and insults and everything should be fine
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    This is the best and most logical post in this thread. Can't stand the Bruins personally but they are what they are. I will forever be rooting against them.

Putting that aside though, it should have been a match penalty. I think match + 1 game would have been the right amount for this hit, and if Anderson took a nap on the ice it probably would have been a match penalty. Alas, sports officiating is as bad as it has ever been.

At this point, 1 game is probably the right amount. But the fact that he wasn't given a match penalty makes 1 game feel light.
    Agreed that this is the best post in this thread and I gave him some rep.

I won't be rooting against Boston forever. I don't root against laundry. I hate this Bruins team because of Marchand and several other players I dislike (Krug, Rask, Chara) but I won't hold that against a new group of Bruins in the future. Vancouver is the perfect example. I HATED the Canucks from 7-10 years ago more than any team in any sport but I kinda like them now with Petersson, Boeser, Hughes and Demko (it helps when you have a couple of them on your fantasy team). People find it odd but I am rooting for the Blues this postseason. I don't hate them because of their players 5 years ago.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov