Thread: Please help me with my draft

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Please help me with my draft

It's been a long time since I came here but I need you guys. Our draft is next week and after talking to few others GM, I did a mock draft with what they told me and their preference. I'm pretty confident with my first pick (Q. Hughes) but for the second round i'm very hesitant. Who do you take with #15 & #17 ? I posted this in the forwards discussion because I need at lease one forward considering I'm taking a defenseman in the first round. Thanks !

1S8fikY.png

Kristian Vesalainen (WPG)
    Sam Steel (ANA)
    Drake Batherson (OTT)
    Troy Terry (ANA)
    Alexandre Texier (CBJ)
    Jordan Kyrou (STL)
    Max Comtois (ANA)

Juuso Valimaki (CGY)
    Dennis Cholowski (DET)
    Filip Hronek (DET)
    Dante Fabbro (NSH)
    Jake Bean (CAR)
    Rasmus Andersson (CGY)

Carter Hart (PHI)
    Dynasty /10 Teams /12F-6D-1G / max; 32 / G (1), A (1), WG (1), HT (1) / WIN (2) OT L (1), SO (3) / UFA=+25 y.o. (under 25 = next draft * min. 1 game to be eligible)

F:
    Kucherov, Marner, P. Kane, Tarasenko,Benn, Kopitar, Voracek, Duchene, Couture, Skinner, Mittelstadt, Schmaltz, Jost, Athanasiou, Buchnevich
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien,
    Gostisbehere, Dumba, Theodore, Dunn, Shattenkirk, Vatanen, Niku
    G:
    Vasilevski, Dubnyk, Rask

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Please help me with my draft

As much as I like the Hughes pick, if Tkachuk is still available, I'd be taking him in the first round. You're pretty set at G and with only starting 1 G I guess I can see why Hart is going to fall. Seems a shame but goalies just aren't valuable enough in this league to use a pick on him.

Second round, I'm probably targeting 2 of Terry/Fabbro/Steel off that list. I might consider Batherson as a backup plan too.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    As much as I like the Hughes pick, if Tkachuk is still available, I'd be taking him in the first round. You're pretty set at G and with only starting 1 G I guess I can see why Hart is going to fall. Seems a shame but goalies just aren't valuable enough in this league to use a pick on him.

Second round, I'm probably targeting 2 of Terry/Fabbro/Steel off that list. I might consider Batherson as a backup plan too.
    Agree with the above. I would rather have Tkachuk in the first round. This also opens your flexibility with your 2nd round picks as you get your forward in the first round and can use your second round picks to pick the best remaining D and Forward.

I am thinking #15 pick on of the top D - maybe Bouchard makes it to 15. OR what about Dobson? Or does it have to be players that played at least one NHL game? The other one i like from that list is Hronek.

And then at pick #17 - I would consider Hart if you think someone would pay you for him down the road. But if goalies are not very valuable in your league I would go with another forward at #17. One of the three Ducks, maybe even two of them could have big seasons next year... its just a matter of guessing which one! I think Steel might be the best bet.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Terry at 15, Kyrou at 17 with Batherson as a backup. Or like others have mentioned, Tkachuk 1st, then look to Hughes at 15 or 17.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Or does it have to be players that played at least one NHL game?
    Yes one minimum, regualar season or playoffs (like makar).

I understand your reasoning about getting Tkachuk (and I still think about it) in the first round but I'm very high on Hughes. I'm also high as a kite on Hronek and I'll probably get him at #17. As I can see, Troy Terry seems to be the unanimous choice.
    Dynasty /10 Teams /12F-6D-1G / max; 32 / G (1), A (1), WG (1), HT (1) / WIN (2) OT L (1), SO (3) / UFA=+25 y.o. (under 25 = next draft * min. 1 game to be eligible)

F:
    Kucherov, Marner, P. Kane, Tarasenko,Benn, Kopitar, Voracek, Duchene, Couture, Skinner, Mittelstadt, Schmaltz, Jost, Athanasiou, Buchnevich
    G:
    Vasilevski, Dubnyk, Rask

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't mind going with either Hughes or Tkachuk, both will be great. Lots of good choices at 15, I personally like Comtois and Kyrou, but everyone has their own preference. At 17 I don't mind the Hronek target, but I wonder if you can get him later. How deep is your prospect draft?

Also side note, that's A Svech at #4, not E Svech, isn't it?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How deep is your prospect draft?
    The thing is, I traded my 3rd for Jeff Skinner (at the beginning of the year) and my 4th + something for a 2nd (that's why I have 2 X 2nd) so if I don't get Hronek with the pick #17, I'm better off forgetting him. I still have my 5th but it's hard to predict who will still be available at this rank (#47).

I only have 4 picks on 5 but I keep a place to sign a free agent after the draft like Gusev (he's not eligible because he didnt play a game yet).

IoSdm7J.png

62oXt8L.png

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Also side note, that's A Svech at #4, not E Svech, isn't it?
    Yes Andrei. I drafted Evgeny with my 5th pick in the last draft but I released him 2 weeks ago :/

F:
    G:
    Vasilevski, Dubnyk, Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How come your league drafts before the NHL draft? Is the 2019-20 draft class untouchable all year?
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    How come your league drafts before the NHL draft? Is the 2019-20 draft class untouchable all year?
    Players must play a minimum of one game (regular season or playoffs) to be eligible. And yes, they are untouchable until the next draft (may 2020).

F:
    G:
    Vasilevski, Dubnyk, Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dah View Post
    Players must play a minimum of one game (regular season or playoffs) to be eligible. And yes, they are untouchable until the next draft (may 2020).
    Interesting

Cheers
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Rookie

The draft is today and thanks for your advices guys ! If others have more input, I'll take it ! Thanks !

F:
    G:
    Vasilevski, Dubnyk, Rask

Dobber Sports Apprentice

+1 on tkachuk
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G: