Thread: Top 5 forwards in a points only league

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Top 5 forwards in a points only league

Hey all, I know it's still early and lots can change before the actual draft, but curious to see who your top 5 forwards would be at this time in a points only league. Obviously the 1st two are a given. I've got the 5th overall pick (as per our current league standings, our draft hasn't happened yet so I could end up higher.) Basically from 3-5, who do you think could be a huge point contributor?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Top 5 forwards in a points only league

At #5 in a one year points only I’d be looking to target Burns. That’s on the assumption that you differentiate positions though. If he’s gone I’d be looking at either Crosby or MacKinnon.

*EDIT* sorry just noticed the word “forwards” in the subject line. I’d probably be looking at someone like Kane/Draisatl as my next forward.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    At #5 in a one year points only I’d be looking to target Burns. That’s on the assumption that you differentiate positions though. If he’s gone I’d be looking at either Crosby or MacKinnon.

*EDIT* sorry just noticed the word “forwards” in the subject line. I’d probably be looking at someone like Kane/Draisatl as my next forward.
    I guess you also missed the category this is posted under: hockey prospects / draft eligible players

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I guess you also missed the category this is posted under: hockey prospects / draft eligible players

Sure did
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

You both get rep because this made me chuckle pretty good haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Titan

Can you wait until after the NHL draft and see if anyone sticks out in terms of fit?

I think for points only after the top two my next three are probably Krebs, Caufield, Zegras. I like Turcotte, Each, Cozens, and Byram more as actual players, and in multi-cat leagues (especially with FOWs) the rankings muddy up again, but for points only those are my three guys.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

We did a fantasy ranking at DobberProspects back in February, and hopefully we'll do one more before the draft. https://dobberprospects.com/2019-nhl...tasy-rankings/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Can you wait until after the NHL draft and see if anyone sticks out in terms of fit?

I think for points only after the top two my next three are probably Krebs, Caufield, Zegras. I like Turcotte, Each, Cozens, and Byram more as actual players, and in multi-cat leagues (especially with FOWs) the rankings muddy up again, but for points only those are my three guys.
    Definitely can wait as we don't do our actual draft until October. Just good to see what people's opinions are. I've also purchased the guide and pretty excited to download it. I was looking at some rankings and not many had Caufield rated inside the top 10 but despite his size, lots said he could be the best pure goal scorer in the draft. So you don't think I'd be crazy drafting him at 5 if that's where I land?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks JP. Tried to rep ya but it won't let me. I'll make it up to you.