Thread: Trading Pettersson for Dahlin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading Pettersson for Dahlin

Points only league. 10F and 5D. 12 Gms

I know trading a F for a D is always weird and tough to evaluate, but out of the blue; whats your take on this one?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Trading Pettersson for Dahlin

With your team, I can see why you want to move an F for a D but I would shop Boeser/Forsberg/Hall/Lindholm before I'm shopping Pettersson. Points only, he has the potential to be one of your top 3 producers alongside Crosby/McD before too long. Dahlin is a good D target but I'm not willing to give up Pettersson for him
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Points only, it's a huge no! Pettersson is pretty much untouchable in this format.

I would try to move Lindholm here, his value will probably never be that high anymore.

Thanks guys, I guess I was about to make a mistake. And good take on Lindholm I'll see what I can do. Also his contrat is super sweet

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Oh, missed the cap league info.

Then, I would try to move Backstrom, Hall or maybe Boeser.

You also have to think wich one of Crosby, McDavid, Marner and Pettersson you will eventually want/need to move. Will be hard to keep them all

Dobber Sports Initiate

I’d take Dahlin over Pettersson 100 times out of 100 in a 10F, 5D points only keeper. The 2:1 forward to Dman ratio makes elite D more valuable. Dahlin has almost the same upside as Pettersson anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I’d take Dahlin over Pettersson 100 times out of 100 in a 10F, 5D points only keeper. The 2:1 forward to Dman ratio makes elite D more valuable. Dahlin has almost the same upside as Pettersson anyway.
    Interesting to say the least. I must admit that Offensive Dmens are hard to come by... I'll have to think about this one im a bit lost haha

Dobber Sports Genius

I am a Canucks fan and I take Dahlin over Petterson in most formats. Not that I don't think Petty will be great but I think Dahlin will be generational.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Overated Veteran View Post
    Interesting to say the least. I must admit that Offensive Dmens are hard to come by... I'll have to think about this one im a bit lost haha
    I was surprised when I clicked the thread that before I responded, it was a unanimous Pettersson vote. Like I said before, gimme Dahlin 100 out of 100 in a league with positional requirements. This trade is ripe for robbery on your part because you can probably get the Dahlin owner to give you a pick too based on Pettersson hype.

Don’t hesitate making this deal and acquiring Dahlin. Very soon you will be have the #1 Dman in the game and a guy who will probablyeven outscore Pettersson in 2 of the next 5 years...from the blueline!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Basically comes down to what you think their upsides are. Guessing Skippy thinks Pettersson will settle in as a 70-80 point player, with Dahlin posting ppg+. Think that's a bit odd, given how rare ppg defencemen are, and that Pettersson scored at a 76 point pace. Up until the All Star break, he was scoring at a 92 point pace.

Personally I think Pettersson is going to be something else, with 100+ points being his upside. Definitely think Dahlin has a high upside, maybe even a ppg, but who knows.

Super quick way to compare value is to look at points above replacement. Your league has a points above replacement of 45/29 respectively for F/D. So based on this past season, if Pettersson scores 80 points, Dahlin needs to score 64 to provide equal value. If Dahlin score 75, then Pettersson would need to score 91.

Either way, I have more faith in Pettersson hitting those numbers than I do Dahlin.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster