Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jack Hughes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jack Hughes

What can we expect from this kid? Is he more of the Nugent-Hopkins ilk or Patrick kane/A. Matthews production?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Jack Hughes

Everything I've read on him essentially says he's a superstar in the making. Good enough to play at the worlds as a 17 year old for what it's worth.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

U18 Worlds, U20 Worlds, to the Men's World Championship in the same year. Anyone have stats on how many kids have done that? I know it's a big deal when a 17 year old just plays at the U20.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Who really knows. He could end up somewhere in the middle but I would put him closer to the Kane side than the RNH side but that's simply a guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

He's a much better skater than Kane. The comps I have heard for him stylistically are RNH and Barzal. His production has been ridiculous however he has played with a stacked team and the league he's played in is a little watered down compared to the past. A negative about him is that he gets hits too much as well and has been injured a few times. With all that said, I have our #1 draft pick and I am excited to get him. I love reading about how driven he is and how he wants to be the best he can.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hughes compared himself to Barzal's style. This is the right style of hockey for him. It wouldn't shock me to see a 70+pt season out of the kid this year. I mean, it's not like NJ is destitute of support for him.

The way scoring is going, he's got a 100+pt ceiling
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hughes compared himself to Barzal's style. This is the right style of hockey for him. It wouldn't shock me to see a 70+pt season out of the kid this year. I mean, it's not like NJ is destitute of support for him.

The way scoring is going, he's got a 100+pt ceiling
    I think he could hit 70 if everything goes his way, but it's largely dependent on Hall playing a full season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I think he could hit 70 if everything goes his way, but it's largely dependent on Hall playing a full season.
    And this is assuming Hall moves off Hischiers line.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's part of everything going his way. My point was that everything offense in NJ goes through Hall so he needs to stay healthy. Hughes also would need PP1 deployment to get to 70.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm not sure if this will be a factor next season. Hischier and Zajac are 1C and 2C and that is essentially set in stone. They like Zacha as a center so I could see him slotting in as the 3C (or switch him and Zajac depending on combos). I could also see Zacha getting moved, but I doubt they'd trade him when his value is in the pits and NJ brass has definitely not given up on him.

My point is, I'm betting that Hughes starts as a winger next season to ensure top six minutes and to insulate him a bit. My best guess is on Zajac's wing, but Hughes-Hischier-Hall will definitely be experimented with. It has a nice ring to it and MAN would that be a fun line to watch.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I'm not sure if this will be a factor next season. Hischier and Zajac are 1C and 2C and that is essentially set in stone. They like Zacha as a center so I could see him slotting in as the 3C (or switch him and Zajac depending on combos). I could also see Zacha getting moved, but I doubt they'd trade him when his value is in the pits and NJ brass has definitely not given up on him.

My point is, I'm betting that Hughes starts as a winger next season to ensure top six minutes and to insulate him a bit. My best guess is on Zajac's wing, but Hughes-Hischier-Hall will definitely be experimented with. It has a nice ring to it and MAN would that be a fun line to watch.
    Zajac set in Stone as a 2C is just not true for any team who will suceed . He's a good 3C. Zacha is a non factor. What team will regress a top prospect like Hughes or move him to wing because of a stagnant prospect like Zacha? If Hughes plays wing it's because they just want to stack a line. Hughes will play a couple of game as 3C then move 2C and will close the year 1C as McDavid did. Just not the same level.

Dobber Sports Legend

I think we're looking at...

Worst case: Nugent-Hopkins
    Best case: Patrick Kane
    Practical case: Johnny Gaudreau / Mitch Marner

Either way, Hughes will be a franchise player to build a club around.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Giant

If he ends up being drafted by NJ, he's going to be working somewhere in the top-six pretty much immediately. I'm not sure he's going to be deployed as a center his rookie season, and he'll probably end up spending time on the wing with Hischier, Zajac, and Zacha -- with Hall / Palmieri etc. I don't really see a ton of scenarios where he isn't featured heavily on PP1, as well, so he's going to be seeing a good chunk of time with Hall whether or not they're on the same line at 5v5.

He could rip a 70 point season off the bat, and it wouldn't really shock me. Hall staying healthy is obviously a big factor here.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Magnificent One

Without any changes to the devils which there will be this is how I see the lines playing out

Hall- Hischier- Bratt (reunite this group)
    Zacha- hughes-palms

Ofcourse Palms and bratt could be swapped for speed. And plams fits with the first line but I always thought bratt super clicked with nico and hall. Could give a balanced group.

What most likely happens is they go after another LW and shift Zacha down but I do hope they give him a chance. He become much better at the end of the year. Showed good defense ability but also some small flashes of scoring.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My progression for J.Hughes:
    60/70/80/90/90...

It should be a pretty quick jump in points for him because he has PP1 talent among NJ forwards right away.
    And when Ty Smith emerges with that group, it'll be a pretty solid unit.

Even-strength, NJ isn't deep... I'd almost expect to get 2nd line wing time with a veteran - Travis Zajac.
    Hughes (LH) will take some draws on the left-side of the ice... or the draws when Zajac (RH) gets thrown out.
    But I do think we'll see a lot of Zajac/Hughes so that a veteran can bring him along / talk to him on the bench throughout the game.

He's too talented for 3rd line minutes... but I'd also not put C2 pressure on him - hasn't worked well for Nolan Patrick's progression.
    A lot of very talented forwards (including Nathan MacKinnon & Dylan Larkin) really struggled with two-way center responsibilities in their 1st & 2nd years.