Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor] Malkin On The Block?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [Rumor] Malkin On The Block?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If it's something like Trocheck/Matheson/Borgstrom coming back.... well. Let him go.
    Malkin/Panarin/Dadonov/Bobrovsky... Would be quite the little Russian contingent.

Trocheck would make a pretty decent 2nd C behind Crosby. I could see Hoffman going back in return too to make salary work.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

https://twitter.com/AGretz/status/1123083364922220544

Literally basically every year they don't win a cup.

The Great One

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...lkin/?shawct=1

1. Pittsburgh will never rebuild as long as Sidney Crosby is around. But defeat does not sit well in that corner of Pennsylvania and there is need for renovations. You can understand the eye-rolling that comes with Evgeni Malkin trade rumours, but several other clubs believe there is something to this — that, at the very least, the Penguins are determining the feasibility of the idea. GM Jim Rutherford declined comment, but hinted at it in a couple of local interviews last week. Malkin has a no-move clause, yet the buzz is that he’s taking some time to decompress and think about a.) if he’d agree and b.) where he’d agree to go to. That would be a short list, maybe the Rangers and Florida? The bigger hurdle might be Mario Lemieux, with The Athletic’s Josh Yohe reporting sources have told him Lemieux is against the idea. For the Penguins to consider this, the return must be good enough to keep them in contention now.

Dobber Sports Guru

I was at the 2008 draft in Ottawa. I remember the Bruce Garrioch report that Malkin was traded to the Kings for a player and second overall.

Eleven years later, and people are still talking about trading Malkin. And Kessel. And Letang. And whomever.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I was at the 2008 draft in Ottawa. I remember the Bruce Garrioch report that Malkin was traded to the Kings for a player and second overall.

Eleven years later, and people are still talking about trading Malkin. And Kessel. And Letang. And whomever.

Malkin for Doughty and someone else... that's actually a fun little deal. Not sure if the Pens win any of those Cups without Geno though. Or if the Kings win either of their Cups without Doughty. Or maybe they both woulda still won the Cups? Alas, we'll never know!

Dobber Sports Icon

TSN has Kessel topping the trade bait board now... maybe he will be on the move instead of Malkin?

Side note, he’s a great player but man he really seems to wear out his welcome in a locker room.

Administrator

There's talks of Kessel and Zucker being involved in a larger deal between the Pens and Wild. According to Pierre Lebrun Kessel is not interested in waiving his NTC to go there ATM...

Since Kessel appears to be blocking the deal are we back to Malkin rumors?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Is Kessels no trade clause still valid? Didn’t he have to waive it to go to the Penguins in the first place? I thought that legally once you waive the clause for one trade, it is no longer in effect.

Dobber Sports Jedi

it's a modified NTC - he submits a list of 8 teams he is willing to be traded to
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Any article by Mark Madden, aka the guy who spews garbage articles about all Pittsburgh sports teams should be ignored. Anyone who's a self-proclaimed "super genius" should stick to wrestling commentary, and not sports "journalism". The guy's a clown.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Is Kessels no trade clause still valid? Didn’t he have to waive it to go to the Penguins in the first place? I thought that legally once you waive the clause for one trade, it is no longer in effect.
    It depends on the team. After a trade, a team can decide if they want to continue to honour a no-trade clause or not. Nashville said no for Subban, which is why he always rumoured to be dealt.

Dobber Sports Ace

Malkin + Schultz for Subban + Turris & Nashvilles 1st in 2020

This gives Nashville the #1C they need, Johanson C2 .. Schultz last year on his contract so he can grandfather Fabbro in next season then they can flip Schultz at the deadline for something.

Pittsburgh gets another #1 Dman to help support Letang and the backend .. Turris & Bjugstad are interchangeable C2/C3
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's