Thread: Jones vs Andersen???? Weird offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jones vs Andersen???? Weird offer

Friend in pool offered this trade
    My Boeser (resigns), Jones and Chytil
    Vs
    His Bouchard, Andersen and Demko

Defense assists double in our pool next season.

I would benefit in cap space and have 2 protected goalies in hart and demko plus a starter in Andersen. Plus Bouchard good prospect and protected as well. But do I lose too much to justify?
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jones vs Andersen???? Weird offer

What does "resigns" mean in this context?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Re-signs* meaning new contract.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Patty93 View Post
    Re-signs* meaning new contract.
    I also have no idea what you mean. If you are just saying that Boeser is RFA, I'm not sure how/why this is all that relevant to your question.

Andersen > Jones by miles for me. You don't really need Demko. Boeser is a touch loss, but I'd probably still do it.

Big Daddy

Are we talking Seth Jones here or Martin Jones? If it is Seth than I’d keep what you have, if it is Martin I’d strongly consider.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Are we talking Seth Jones here or Martin Jones? If it is Seth than I’d keep what you have, if it is Martin I’d strongly consider.
    Jones (G) is in his sig; Jones (D) is not; but yeah, I had the same thought as well. The OP could use some work to clarify...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I also have no idea what you mean. If you are just saying that Boeser is RFA, I'm not sure how/why this is all that relevant to your question.

Andersen > Jones by miles for me. You don't really need Demko. Boeser is a touch loss, but I'd probably still do it.
    Because it's a cap league, so the amount that he signs for will have a large impact on his value. Bowser on a $4M bridge deal is a lot different than Bowser taking the 8yr $7.5M deal he may get offered.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Because it's a cap league, so the amount that he signs for will have a large impact on his value. Bowser on a $4M bridge deal is a lot different than Bowser taking the 8yr $7.5M deal he may get offered.
    He hasn't posted the salary info for any other player, and "resigns" is just vague. I'm aware that cap leagues play different values on bridge contracts than expensive long-term deals. This doesn't change the fact that more than one person finds the OP confusing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    He hasn't posted the salary info for any other player, and "resigns" is just vague. I'm aware that cap leagues play different values on bridge contracts than expensive long-term deals. This doesn't change the fact that more than one person finds the OP confusing.
    Fair enough. It doesn't all make sense to me either, but I just wanted to point out that while it wasn't the best wording for it, re-signs was just to point out the impending new contract.

As for the actual question, I like the deal for you. You can keep a guy like Palmieri instead of Bowser, then you upgrade the farm and in net. More plusses than minuses.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Sorry guys havent been able to check or reply for a few days. Thanks for the input.

I was a bit vague with the original post.
    Yeah Boeser is rfa is what i meant. So I would rather get rid of Boeser who seems is going to sign in the 7 mil region.

I would rather keep Palmieri or Reinhart at lower prices and get value for Boeser.

I just wanted to see what people thought and it seems like I should go for it. I kinda liked the deal but wasnt sure.