Thread: Final Prospect Keepers. Help me decide (Rep)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Final Prospect Keepers. Help me decide (Rep)

This pool is entering an overhaul - changing format. I can only keep 15 prospects. My first 13, 14 are pretty easy:
    165gp - No age requiremnt.
    8F - Borgstrom, Frost, Mittelstadt, D. Strome Gusev, Johnsson, Boeser, Tuch, 2D - Dahlin, Dunn, 3G - Hart, Woll, Point

I'm really high on Woll & Point. They seem as obvious to me as Frost or Dunn.

#14 - Appleton seems the obvious choice.

#15 things get murkier. A great boom/bust opportunity.

Help me find the home run from these options:

F
    Bjork - Bos
    Garland - Arz
    Sikura - Chi
    Sundqvist - Stl

D
    Niku - Wpg
    Perunovich - Stl
    Pilut - Buf

Thanks in advance to everyone that chimes in.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Final Prospect Keepers. Help me decide (Rep)

for me it think it would come down to Garland or Sikura.
    Many were high on Sikura at the beginning of the season, but things didn't work out so well.
    If you think he can crack the top 6 in Chicago, he's your guy.

Garland is more of a sure thing at this point, but has a lower ceiling in my opinion.
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me it's between Sikura and Bjork. I would go with Bjork but it's a toss up.

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think Appleton has much value as I don't see him as more than a 30 point guy in the NHL. He had a great rookie season in the AHL when he spent most of his time with Nic Petan and Jack Roslovic. I would keep Sikura and Bjork over him. I would also keep Niku and Pilut over Appleton.

Those 4 are a cut above the rest of the prospects. I would go with Sikura and Pilut as it would be much cheaper to reacquire Bjork and Niku after the current season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Point was massacred all season long in the ECHL. Does that sort of player warrant keeping when you should easily be able to redraft late after his embarrassing season?
    Also Jake Oettinger. Point had a chance to get ahead of him this year but now Oettinger is signed and the opp is lost.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I don't think Appleton has much value as I don't see him as more than a 30 point guy in the NHL. He had a great rookie season in the AHL when he spent most of his time with Nic Petan and Jack Roslovic. I would keep Sikura and Bjork over him. I would also keep Niku and Pilut over Appleton.

Those 4 are a cut above the rest of the prospects. I would go with Sikura and Pilut as it would be much cheaper to reacquire Bjork and Niku after the current season.
    I like what Chuck is saying. I would also keep Point if you need to keep 3 goalies. Question: could you graduate some or all of Strome, Boeser, and Tuch to buy yourself more prospect space?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sikura and Garland for me. Niku for your D. Sikura and Garland have some opportunities on their respective teams and I think Niku could end up with a permanent spot in Winnipeg. Just my opinion.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I like what Chuck is saying. I would also keep Point if you need to keep 3 goalies. Question: could you graduate some or all of Strome, Boeser, and Tuch to buy yourself more prospect space?
    I cannot. Can only keep 5 forwards in the transition year and I'm still narrowing that down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Point was massacred all season long in the ECHL. Does that sort of player warrant keeping when you should easily be able to redraft late after his embarrassing season?
    Also Jake Oettinger. Point had a chance to get ahead of him this year but now Oettinger is signed and the opp is lost.
    I do like the idea of only keeping 2G's and having an extra spot for D. Good points

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

really interesting take on Appleton. Really gives me pause here..
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not to stir the pot but Bjork hasn't exactly blown anyone away with the opportunities he's had. Not saying he's worse than Appleton but I am not so sure he'd be a better option.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov