Thread: Trading for Pettersson and Dahlin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for Pettersson and Dahlin

I really really want to trade for Pettersson and Dahlin but I don't want to grossly overpay. Points only league. This is what I have come up with:

His
    Pettersson, Dahlin, Ehlers, 1st round pick (7th overall)

My
    Forsberg, Morrissey, Granlund, 1st round pick (1st overall, so Jack Hughes or KK)

Is this close? Overpay? Would love some feedback. Is there someone else I should be substitute from my team,etc.

Thanks!
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trading for Pettersson and Dahlin

I would mash accept that and grab Pettersson.

Honestly, with Pettersson's ceiling being 100 give or take... Is Hughes really going to blow by that? Add in the potential of Dahlin... you're arguably getting the best player in the deal, with the higher ceiling and if not the second bets player in the deal, the 3rd. In points only, you hope Ehlers can finally push up to that next level.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would mash accept that and grab Pettersson.

Honestly, with Pettersson's ceiling being 100 give or take... Is Hughes really going to blow by that? Add in the potential of Dahlin... you're arguably getting the best player in the deal, with the higher ceiling and if not the second bets player in the deal, the 3rd. In points only, you hope Ehlers can finally push up to that next level.
    Yeah, thanks. I haven't offered it yet, just seeing if the trade would be close, which it seems like it is not, unfortunately. But thanks for reinforcing my evaluation on Pettersson and Dahlin and alleviating my fears of giving up Jack Hughes for someone like Pettersson.

What would you add on my side to make it a closer deal, just in general? Appreciate it.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd offer as is... and try to get feedback. Likely you'll need to swap Morrissey for someone that offers more offence on D
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Depending on how high he is on Ehlers, I think he may be reluctant to do this deal as is. As lucafen pointed out, you'll likely need to offer a better D than Morrissey. I have no qualms giving up Hughes in this package.

I don't think it's an overpay, i think it's just below the level of fair offer in my opinion. However, i think you may have to overpay to land two of the top young guys in the league.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pettersson vs Forsberg --- Pettersson wins
    Dahlin vs Morrissey --- Dahlin wins
    Granlund vs Ehlers --- tie
    1st ovr vs 7th ovr --- 1st wins

If I am the Pettersson/Dahlin I would need a huge overpayment to move both.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's a pretty tough one, considering you're trying to get essentially the two brightest soon-to-be sophomores at their position. Their perceived value is sky-high, let alone their actual value.

Where's the Pettersson/Dahlin owner at in terms of competitiveness? And how do your drops work? Does a lop-sided trade (quantity-wise) mean you can drop less players?

Not exactly and apples to apples comparison, but I recently traded for Pettersson in my limited keeper league, and had to overpay to the tune of Klingberg/Debrincat. Possibly could have done a bit better, but the sharks were circling and I wanted to get it done.

Feels like you should be able to swing a better deal given your keeper/drop numbers (I think?), but if I'm the other team, I'm probably not even responding unless the trade includes one of your top tier players (Karlsson, Reilly, Klingberg, etc).
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Pettersson vs Forsberg --- Pettersson wins
    Dahlin vs Morrissey --- Dahlin wins
    Granlund vs Ehlers --- tie
    1st ovr vs 7th ovr --- 1st wins

If I am the Pettersson/Dahlin I would need a huge overpayment to move both.
    I completely agree with this. Truthfully, I wouldn't even remotely consider this if I were the Pettersson/Dahlin side.

You are really reaching here trying to grab both of the hotshot rookies. You will have to overpay to get one of them. If you want two, I don't even think you have the assets to get it done. You'd have to give up Rielly for sure, and even then I don't think that will be enough.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Without knowing the roster of the other GM or his needs, I'd at least be asking for

Keller/Svechnikov + Rielly/Karlsson + Forsberg + Hughes/Tolvanen + 1st ovr

Your offer would be a non-starter for me

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with the others. If you don't want to overpay for Petterseon and Dahlin then there likely isn't any point in even making an offer. Any GM who sells them at this point is going to value them based on something much closer to their ceilings (100pt forward and 70pt dman) than their current production. With elite young players you pretty much always have to overpay.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I had to trade Eichel straight up for Pettersson in our dynasty...im a Canucks homer so it was worth it for me...but think most would say it was overpayment

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    I had to trade Eichel straight up for Pettersson in our dynasty...im a Canucks homer so it was worth it for me...but think most would say it was overpayment
    It was an overpayment based on their current production, but truthfully in terms of potential and more importantly fantasy value Eichel and Pettersson are very close. I've offered Point straight up for Pettersson in my league and it was rejected. I also offered Kucherov for Aho and Pettersson, and that too was rejected. Like it or not, in many leagues Pettersson's value is very high (probably too high to even bother trying to get him).

Same goes for Dahlin, especially in leagues with a shortage of quality dmen.

[I should clarify that my league is salary based, so having a 70 pt Pettersson on his ELC has more value compared to higher paid 90 pt players, depending of course on cap space. I'm fairly convinced that Pettersson would be a top 15 selection in our league if the draft started over today]
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Your offer is enough of an underpayment, that I might not even reply with anything more than a simple rejection. You need to improve it massively, or hope you are dealing with somebody who's not that bright or is drunk.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Big Daddy

That’s an easy reject if it were me. You can’t expect to receive a 1st Round Pick back as part of the deal and you’ll have to give up a better D-man than Morrissey and likely a better winger than Granlund. Then you have to ask yourself if it is worth it. Unless you are massively overpaying, I wouldn’t expect a deal to be reached where you are getting both Pettersson AND Dahlin.

Dobber Sports Superstar

You might as well talk to the other owner to see if he is willing to move these guys, "the answer is always no till you ask".
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO