Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2019 NFL Draft

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    From everything I have seen... Murray is no Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck was the prized pick for the whole season. Murray came out of nowhere to be the top pick.

And he is a 5.10 quarterback. How many 5.10 quarterbacks are successful in the NFL? I think there is a lot of risk in that.

And the fact that the whole coaching staff changed to a new system that needs a new quarterback... that maybe should be considered pour management above the coaching staff level.

These moves appear to me like management was searching a little too hard for the next McVay.... and then then the coaching staff searching a little too hard for the next Russell Wilson.

- - - Updated - - -

I think so. When there was legit talent in Bosa available.
    How many 5'10" QB's get a chance to be successful in the NFL?

Is a better question, me thinks
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It doesn't matter if you think he is or if you think he can be successful at 5'10. It matters if they think he is. And if they think he is, it doesn't matter that they took Rosen last year.

They're not looking for the next Russell Wilson, they're looking for their 15 year starting franchise QB. If they think he is that, then what they did last year is irrelevant.
    Yup, I understand this way of thinking. I am just saying from the very top management, I personally do not see this as wise use of draft capital.

Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, these guys didn't have great first years in the NFL... look at them now. I think Arizona should have been more patient.

My thought process is this:

You have an empty fridge (Which the Cardinals do) and you need food for the weekend. And your needs for the fridge are one some meat, some potatoes, some veggies and some dessert.

You have $20 to make the trip and get a good meal. You spend $18 dollars on some nice juicy steaks and then you have $2 dollars remaining to complete the meal with potatoes, veggies and dessert.

You get back to the camper and you find another $20 bill... so you head back to the store. You decide to spend $19 dollars on another pair of steaks even though the first ones have barely had time to marinate. And you have $1 dollar remaining to buy a chocolate bar for dessert on the way out.

When you get back to the camper you have a bunch of steaks to eat, (too much steak) and you have potato chips instead of real potatoes and a can of No-name beans and a chocolate bar for dessert.

Now there are several ways you could have had a much more delicious and complete steak supper, but you chose to spend majority of your capital on back to back trips on steak, leaving the rest of the meal as crap.

Sure in the Arizona, example, they had someone else running to the store each time... but the head of the household should have had a better idea of what he wanted for his supper and planned accordingly. They could have traded the first set of steaks for some other parts of the meal to make a more complete meal? Or they could have settled for the first steaks and used the second $20 to improve the other part of the meal. Especially when next years QB class for the draft is supposed to be significantly better than this years.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    How many 5'10" QB's get a chance to be successful in the NFL?

Is a better question, me thinks
    Not many, that is true... and the math backs it up.

You have an offensive and defensive lines that are an average height of what 6-3 or 6-4? So a 5-10 QB is definitely going to face a hard time to throw over the 7-9 giants in front of him. And you don't want a quarterback that throws 'rainbow' passes you want someone who throws bullets. And when a QB is giving up the 5 to 6 inches it is hard for them to throw bullets. It take a super special talent to be that size and thrive in the NFL. Not saying that Murray can't do it, but I am saying it is risky.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not many, that is true... and the math backs it up.

You have an offensive and defensive lines that are an average height of what 6-3 or 6-4? So a 5-10 QB is definitely going to face a hard time to throw over the 7-9 giants in front of him. And you don't want a quarterback that throws 'rainbow' passes you want someone who throws bullets. And when a QB is giving up the 5 to 6 inches it is hard for them to throw bullets. It take a super special talent to be that size and thrive in the NFL. Not saying that Murray can't do it, but I am saying it is risky.
    you would think they could have traded down.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you would think they could have traded down.
    Yes, I agree. I think they could have done something that shows better management. Whether it was trading down or making sure you had a trade for Rosen in place?

Other teams now know that the Cardinals are forced to trade Rosen and are going to low-ball them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Redskins get an A grade on their draft
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Redskins get an A grade on their draft
    Which rating system? There are so many different ones out there? Which one do you use?

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Which rating system? There are so many different ones out there? Which one do you use?
    They picked their future QB at pick 15 without moving up, they got an edge rusher who was supposed to be a top 10 pick at 26, they got Haskin's target in college in the 3rd round.

They checked their boxes of needs. Bleacher, TheScore, ESPN are all rating it a great draft for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They picked their future QB at pick 15 without moving up, they got an edge rusher who was supposed to be a top 10 pick at 26, they got Haskin's target in college in the 3rd round.

They checked their boxes of needs. Bleacher, TheScore, ESPN are all rating it a great draft for them too.
    For my Panthers:

TheScore (B-)
    Bleacher (C)
    ESPN (?)

NFL.com (A-)

So I am going to go with the NFL.com one, however I would advise you not to, cause they didn't like Washington's draft as much (B+)... I guess they have no Love for Love. hah

Dobber Sports Titan

For my Panthers:

TheScore (B-)
    Bleacher (C)
    ESPN (?)

NFL.com (A-)

So I am going to go with the NFL.com one, however I would advise you not to, cause they didn't like Washington's draft as much (B+)... I guess they have no Love for Love. hah
    Guice didn't love the Love pick too lol. Tweeted an emoji after they picked him. But he hasn't played an NFL snap yet, they're other RB is AD who's like 100yrs old. So settle down Guice lol.