Poll: Bruins or CBJ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Atlantic Final: (2) Boston Bruins vs (WC) Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Atlantic Final: (2) Boston Bruins vs (WC) Columbus Blue Jackets

Man, I've never seen Rask so dialed in. The Bruins have some sweet depth at forward and their D is making it work - not sure I'm sold on the back end, but they do just enough, well enough. I would think they should be the favourites in the EC final.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Man, I've never seen Rask so dialed in. The Bruins have some sweet depth at forward and their D is making it work - not sure I'm sold on the back end, but they do just enough, well enough. I would think they should be the favourites in the EC final.
    Carolina smiles, and points to the Metro's seeds 1 & 2
    Then they all fall down because Brind'amour just bold a strike
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    i agree here , Tuukka seemed very focused and calm , if he can carry that over to the Canes matchup then we look good. We could use help on D and maybe Miller gets back. As you say the depth is good , i like Coyle's play , he's going to the net. Bruins window is now as life without Bergy and Co. could lead to some growing pains.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Carolina smiles, and points to the Metro's seeds 1 & 2
    Then they all fall down because Brind'amour just bold a strike
    bowled

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

actually i think it's just bowl , lol

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    actually i think it's just bowl , lol
    Nah, it's a verb. Bowled.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Guaranteed if they call a major here and Columbus gets the W because of the powerplay goals, it’s a whole other controversy. Refs were damned if they do, damned if they don’t on this play
    I honestly disagree here. If they call a major there and Columbus gets the W because of the powerply goals, it would only be a controversy in the Boston world, and it would be the right call in every other person's world. They deserve to be damned here because they made the wrong call.

The Pavelski call was the wrong call. Which was why the entire hockey world was up in arms about it, and even Pavelski came out and said it shouldn't have been a 5 minute major.

So not only do you have them making 1 wrong call, but now you have 1 wrong call resulting in them being gunshy when it comes to another call, resulting in them making another wrong call. Two wrongs don't make a right.

McAvoy's hit had the head as the first point of contact, he explodes upwards, on a vulnerable player that was already tied up. The reason why he didn't get one was because:
    1) The referees are cowards and let their fear consume their ability to make the appropriate call
    2) Anderson didn't lie on the ice long enough.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I hope San Jose and Boston both make it to the finals... and then we can hear everyone complain about both teams making it there because of the exact opposite situations.

San Jose shouldn't be here because they got a 5 minute powerplay when they shouldn't have.

Boston shouldn't be here because they didn't get a 5 minute penalty when they should have.

The series are 7 games long for a reason... don't let it get to the point where one pour call determines the outcome. I know this easier said than done, but I am sure there were other bad calls in both of these series as well, just these were the ones that came in the elimination games.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The referees are cowards and let their fear consume their ability to make the appropriate call
    I’ve been preaching this all playoffs.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I hope San Jose and Boston both make it to the finals... and then we can hear everyone complain about both teams making it there because of the exact opposite situations.

San Jose shouldn't be here because they got a 5 minute powerplay when they shouldn't have.

Boston shouldn't be here because they didn't get a 5 minute penalty when they should have.

The series are 7 games long for a reason... don't let it get to the point where one pour call determines the outcome. I know this easier said than done, but I am sure there were other bad calls in both of these series as well, just these were the ones that came in the elimination games.
    For the record, I agree with the bolded and I really respect Nick Foligno for coming out and saying that it's on themselves for not scoring on the ensuing powerplay. I also think you're missing the real point of why people are irritated with the officiating which is the lack of consistency. Refs are letting extraneous variables like the time, game number, and how long a guy lies on the ice for impact their calls. A penalty is a penalty and should be called a penalty if the act is committed.

When you watch the NBA nowadays you see it too. I would love to see if there are any analytics on the number of late whistles being blown now as they wait to see if the basket falls first vs. 5 or 10 years ago.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    For the record, I agree with the bolded and I really respect Nick Foligno for coming out and saying that it's on themselves for not scoring on the ensuing powerplay. I also think you're missing the real point of why people are irritated with the officiating which is the lack of consistency. Refs are letting extraneous variables like the time, game number, and how long a guy lies on the ice for impact their calls. A penalty is a penalty and should be called a penalty if the act is committed.

When you watch the NBA nowadays you see it too. I would love to see if there are any analytics on the number of late whistles being blown now as they wait to see if the basket falls first vs. 5 or 10 years ago.
    well... the NBA Ref's are on the take
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4