Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who would give up 4 first round picks for Marner @ $10m/season?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Who would give up 4 first round picks for Marner @ $10m/season?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Offer sheet rules require the teams have to have their own first rounders moving forward, right? I'm thinking that if you looked at teams that selected once in each year, even with other teams' picks, you could get some more info.

I would think that there are some teams that would consider doing this. For example, the Flyers have the cap room for next year, barely. They have all of their own picks in question, and might be able to work out a way to move Andrew MacDonald in his final contract year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    And have a stocked prospect cubboard to boot.
    Plus Marner's old linemate in JVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    On top of that, it was Holmgren who was the GM that tried the massive offersheet on Weber (things I don't forget), and guess who is still hanging around the Flyers' organization as team president? ...well yeah I made that obvious. Philly makes some sense all around if it was to happen.

Not that I think it will, but it's always fun to speculate.
    Quit getting my hopes up guys!!! haha

We have the prospects and the young talent in the lineup. We have a young goalie. Make this addition, sign a older D-man to mentor the young guys and a backup goalie and look out! haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

I mean ill state the obvious- its probably waaaay too early to tell. I think saying most wouldnt trade is the safe argument- but I think especially in the case of Florida- its too early. Calling this group "Yuck" is disengenuous at best. Im a bigtimeMarner fan but he was given the golden boy treatment. Florida has a logjam of veterans to compete with and in terms of pure talent Borgstrom, Tippett and maybe most especially Densisenko (beast!!) might still have another substantial gear to their game we just havent seen yet. Maybe not- but Im definitely not ready to poo poo on that draft record yet. I agree with dallas- looks like they took a few bad swings. I mean if Heiskanen does evolve into a franchise defenseman though you might be arguing semantics in terms of wether you prefer a franchis winger to a franchise d. I think Guiranov is heading towards bust ville- but again- what if he ends up as a 25-35-55 guy even down the line. adding that to a heiskanen might tip the scales...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I mean ill state the obvious- its probably waaaay too early to tell. I think saying most wouldnt trade is the safe argument- but I think especially in the case of Florida- its too early. Calling this group "Yuck" is disengenuous at best. Im a bigtimeMarner fan but he was given the golden boy treatment. Florida has a logjam of veterans to compete with and in terms of pure talent Borgstrom, Tippett and maybe most especially Densisenko (beast!!) might still have another substantial gear to their game we just havent seen yet. Maybe not- but Im definitely not ready to poo poo on that draft record yet. I agree with dallas- looks like they took a few bad swings. I mean if Heiskanen does evolve into a franchise defenseman though you might be arguing semantics in terms of wether you prefer a franchis winger to a franchise d. I think Guiranov is heading towards bust ville- but again- what if he ends up as a 25-35-55 guy even down the line. adding that to a heiskanen might tip the scales...
    Not disingenuous at all... I stand by my "Yuck" for those four first round picks. Admittedly, I don't watch a whole lot of Florida and am not overly familiar with their prospects in Denisenko or Tippet. I know Tippet and Borgstrom have some potential but I don't believe either of them are going to reach Marner's level. Anyway, perhaps my "yuck" comment is a little early, or perhaps it's fueled by ignorance as I'm not familiar enough with the players involved. I'll stand by it for now until I get to witness enough from these players to prove me wrong.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".