Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    My uncle's dog's previous owner's adopted son informed me that this thread was gone from Dobber.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    As I said, you can't believe anything you read or hear. Lies. It's all lies.
    No doubt. That old dog owners kid is WAY out of the loop.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Just wanted to put this on paper. We can come back to this when it happens...and no, I won’t tell you how I know/think it will happen.

Marner will sign a massive offer-sheet hoping the Leafs don’t match. Marner hates Babcock, does not like playing in Toronto and isn’t a fan of Tavares.
    Just to close this thread in MY MIND, this was the OP's quote. Turns out he got his info straight from "Paul Marner".

A) Marner will sign a massive offer-sheet: Well based on what is out there now, Marner's agent was presented with upwards of 3 and Marner Did NOT sign any of them. Maybe not massive enough?
    B) hoping the Leafs don’t match: Well, leafs didn't have to because he did NOT sign said offer sheet(s).
    C) Marner hates Babcock: only he can say for sure but based on the accuracy rate of the previous 2 points... meh and I really don't care.
    D) does not like playing in Toronto: "This is where I want to be" is what Marner said. so again...
    E) and isn’t a fan of Tavares: again... based on the obvious direction of this thread, I have my doubts... and see point D
    F) and no, I won’t tell you how I know/think it will happen: Well, a couple pages ago, you suggested that you got your info from Paul Marner of whom you play hockey with. So the only first hand point made by Skippy also failed to be upheld.

OK. Think I'm good now and can unsubscribe from this thread.

Bondon's comment on April 24th at 11:04 am pretty much summed this thread up! But thanks for the chatter and the memories.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, for whatever it's worth, good job Skippy.
    Kudos for putting your neck on the chopping block even though I'm sure you knew people in here would salivate at the opportunity to mock you.

I believe you and I believe you really did have information that suggested Marner would be gone.

But, hey, things change. Circumstances change. Maybe Marner's dad told that stuff to a bunch of people, including you, to try to give Mitch leverage in his negotiations.
    Who knows.

Regardless, I hope you won't be discouraged from making similarly ballsy predictions in the future. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Well, for whatever it's worth, good job Skippy.
    Kudos for putting your neck on the chopping block even though I'm sure you knew people in here would salivate at the opportunity to mock you.

I believe you and I believe you really did have information that suggested Marner would be gone.

But, hey, things change. Circumstances change. Maybe Marner's dad told that stuff to a bunch of people, including you, to try to give Mitch leverage in his negotiations.
    Who knows.

Regardless, I hope you won't be discouraged from making similarly ballsy predictions in the future. Cheers.
    I'll second this. The thread helped keep things interesting over a long summer.

This is a public forum that promotes discussion/opinions and I personally come here for that. If I want 100 percent accurate information about sports there are other sources on this site and on other sites/sources available.

The summer on the dobber hockey forum was better with this thread than without.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Thumbs up Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

The summer on the dobber hockey forum was better with this thread than without.
    Yep. It was entertaining for sure. I think Skippy is catching some crap because both the way the info was presented in the OP and the nature of the prediction. They rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. And then it turned out to be incorrect. But had the tone of the OP been more friendly and easy going and perhaps not so sure that it was correct we wouldn’t have had 50+ pages of internet bliss. You might call this thread the ultimate troll...rataylor I hope you’re taking notes.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yep. It was entertaining for sure. I think Skippy is catching some crap because both the way the info was presented in the OP and the nature of the prediction. They rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. And then it turned out to be incorrect. But had the tone of the OP been more friendly and easy going and perhaps not so sure that it was correct we wouldn’t have had 50+ pages of internet bliss. You might call this thread the ultimate troll...rataylor I hope you’re taking notes.
    This guy calling other people trolls lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We're all trolls at one point or another... I mean... really.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    We're all trolls at one point or another... I mean... really.
    Fun fact. Did you know sometimes when planes fly over Penguins they follow it until they fall backwards, and then struggle to get back up? Crazy birds.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Fun fact. Did you know sometimes when planes fly over Penguins they follow it until they fall backwards, and then struggle to get back up? Crazy birds.
    Real Penguins or Crosby's Penguins ?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Both TBH

Administrator

Is that the storyline for the Penguins/Jets games this year?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Is that the storyline for the Penguins/Jets games this year?
    I thought falling is what Stars do in April?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Pro

Should be posted under Babcock thread. Let the Marner thread just die...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Apparently Marner was extremely upset with that whole list fiasco. It's pretty incredible that Babcock would put Marner in that situation. No wonder he and his agent dug in their heels on negotiations. That's one of the aspects of Babcock that nobody is talking about - maybe Nylander, Matthews, and Marner would have been willing to be a little less stubborn in negotiations if their coach wasn't such a jerk. Why take a discount to play for someone you don't like playing for ?

https://theleafsnation.com/2019/11/2...-mike-babcock/