Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Or pay each of Marner and Matthews $1-2 million more and add a world class proven elite talent for just cash. You haters of that deal can keep criticizing the JT signing but I will never agree with that flawed logic. We’re 1 season in with JT and he’s had his best year. This team’s trajectory is still climbing (not their fault their in one of the toughest divisions). The constant criticism of one of the leagues best and improving young teams is Hillarious to me. But hatters gunna hate. Meanwhile I’m itching to see the puck drop On THIS leafs season.
    Pay them an extra 1-2 million a year, and add an 11.5M salary to your roster creating a cap issue.

Vs

Pay Matthews & Marner 1-2 million less (market value?), sign a top end dman to fill the gaping hole on the back end, and still have cap space to maneuver other pieces that may be lost now.

Kadri would look like a steal as a #2 C with a cap hit of 4.5M for the next 3 years. Now you have a 4.5M C playing 3rd line, and all of a sudden the chatter is "trade Kadri because we can't spend 4.5M on a 3rd line C!" You have to choose between signing Marner for what you've told him he's worth (Matthews & Tavares contracts), and 3-4 other depth players who had solid contributions up and down the lineup. There's still gaping holes on the back end (even more so if Zaitsev is moved to create $ space) which is the major issue, not scoring up front.

I don't hate the Leafs, I hate the delusional fans who think "next year's our year" every. single. year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Pay them an extra 1-2 million a year, and add an 11.5M salary to your roster creating a cap issue.

Vs

Pay Matthews & Marner 1-2 million less (market value?), sign a top end dman to fill the gaping hole on the back end, and still have cap space to maneuver other pieces that may be lost now.

Kadri would look like a steal as a #2 C with a cap hit of 4.5M for the next 3 years. Now you have a 4.5M C playing 3rd line, and all of a sudden the chatter is "trade Kadri because we can't spend 4.5M on a 3rd line C!" You have to choose between signing Marner for what you've told him he's worth (Matthews & Tavares contracts), and 3-4 other depth players who had solid contributions up and down the lineup. There's still gaping holes on the back end (even more so if Zaitsev is moved to create $ space) which is the major issue, not scoring up front.

I don't hate the Leafs, I hate the delusional fans who think "next year's our year" every. single. year.
    Hayters gunna hate. We’ve established that. Just touched that you spend so much time and energy with your concern about the leafs. As a delusional Leaf fan ... thank you. I couldn’t give two shits about your team but happy to let you soak up the energy of my team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hayters gunna hate. We’ve established that. Just touched that you spend so much time and energy with your concern about the leafs. As a delusional Leaf fan ... thank you. I couldn’t give two shits about your team but happy to let you soak up the energy of my team.

I'm touched that you're touched

I'm a hockey fan. I enjoy the fantasy aspect of hockey, therefore I enjoy watching every team, and their players.

Thanks for continuing to show why fans outside your organization dislike the majority of you.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm touched that you're touched

I'm a hockey fan. I enjoy the fantasy aspect of hockey, therefore I enjoy watching every team, and their players.

Thanks for continuing to show why fans outside your organization dislike the majority of you.
    ����

10-4 big guy! And yet you disliking ... wait...no... no need to soften it now... you said earlier you hated us... let’s stick with the consistency...the raw emotion...

You hating Leaf fans who love the fantasy aspect of hockey... (which, incidentally, JT signing in Toronto was a fantasy Hockey Boon... maybe you missed out)... any way, to “fans like you”... our Leaf doors are always open. Your welcome to join in and applaud or critique all you want. We’re a welcoming bunch. And while I “continue to show why fans like you continue to hate us true blues” ... you continue to come back, time and time again to offer your input on The Leafs and what’s going on in our fandom. We appreciate the passion. You Keep doing you!

Dobber Sports Veteran

����

10-4 big guy! And yet you disliking ... wait...no... no need to soften it now... you said earlier you hated us... let’s stick with the consistency...the raw emotion...

You hating Leaf fans who love the fantasy aspect of hockey... (which, incidentally, JT signing in Toronto was a fantasy Hockey Boon... maybe you missed out)... any way, to “fans like you”... our Leaf doors are always open. Your welcome to join in and applaud or critique all you want. We’re a welcoming bunch. And while I “continue to show why fans like you continue to hate us true blues” ... you continue to come back, time and time again to offer your input on The Leafs and what’s going on in our fandom. We appreciate the passion. You Keep doing you!
    lol.

Ok, well lets see how you feel about "one of the leagues best and improving young teams" if they lose one of their best/young players because of that JT signing. Oh wait, I know. "Next years our year."
    If all it takes is one playoff win in the last 15 years, man.... all of the league are one of the leagues best

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lol.

Ok, well lets see how you feel about "one of the leagues best and improving young teams" if they lose one of their best/young players because of that JT signing. Oh wait, I know. "Next years our year."
    If all it takes is one playoff win in the last 15 years, man.... all of the league are one of the leagues best
    How will I feel if Marner gets offer sheeted and leafs DONT MATCH? Thereby putting them in a situation to have 2 1st round picks in each of the next 4 drafts... freeing up $10 million for attention on the blue line... and allowing Kapanen, Johnsson and Moore to advance, maybe see some other Marlies get promoted. Think I’ll feel ok.

Ok. News flash, Leafs fans LOVE Marner. But if Marner doesn’t want to be in Toronto, they WILL move on. and the trickle down effect will open up other opportunities.

And yes... “next year will be our year” WILL BE OUR MANTRA.

Shouldn’t that be the mantra of ALL NHL AND Fantasy Fans? Why is that a bad thing Sauce?

Dobber Sports Titan

Anyone think if Toronto loses Marner to an offer sheet, getting 4 1st round picks, would they go after someone elses RFA?

Rantanen – Colorado has space, they won’t lose him
    Aho – Carolina has space, they won’t lose him
    Tkachuk – Calgary won’t lose him
    Meier – If they sign Pavelski, they’ll be in tough for Meier
    Connor – Lot of people to sign but have a decent amount of dollars. But it’ll end up being tight
    Karlsson – have about 6mill in space
    Boeser – Lots os space, lots of RFAs but Boeser is No1
    Laine – Lot of people to sign but have a decent amount of dollars. But it’ll end up being tight
    McAvoy – 13mill for Carlo, McAvoy, and Heinen pretty much. But need to keep in mind Krug is on his final year.

You lose Marner but gain 4 1st. Use that extra amount of picks to go after a lower tier ($6,341,153-$8,454,871 = 1st, 2nd, 3rd or $8,454,872-$10,568,589 = 2 1st, 2nd, 3rd). You lose your picks, but they're likely going to be lower picks that what you'd receive. Dubas typically trades down in drafts too if he's not keen on what players are around those picks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I think the fact that the Leafs are NOT moving pieces (i.e. clearing cap space) suggests they are completely prepared to watch Marner go.
    The lack of movement suggests they do NOT feel they have a shot at keeping him.
    If they know he's gone, they can keep all their other players.

Point is - they wouldn't have enough money to go poach another RFA.
    They'll simply use their cap space to re-sign A.Johnsson, K.Kapanen, and their D6, D7.
    They'll hit the cap just with those four players + 2 ELC/scrubs to fill out their 23.

*For me, this thread makes it seem like the Leafs world is ending if they lose Marner.
    He's an exceptional player, but he's also a winger.
    I think the Leafs are still in very fine shape as a team, even if Marner leaves.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm slowly moving into the side of, I'm sad I have a Marner jersey. With all the "listening to offers for..." and Dubas saying "They won't instantly match any offer unless it makes sense" it kinda shows they are willing to let him go if it's best for the team.

Thanks P7 for ruining my weekend with sound judgment.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

...But I thought I started a thread that was a waste of time, vomit inducing and baseless speculation?

Checking back on this thread the odd time has been fun.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    ...But I thought I started a thread that was a waste of time, vomit inducing and baseless speculation?

It's the off season. These threads can go crazy when there's little to talk about.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^I think the fact that the Leafs are NOT moving pieces (i.e. clearing cap space) suggests they are completely prepared to watch Marner go.
    The lack of movement suggests they do NOT feel they have a shot at keeping him.
    If they know he's gone, they can keep all their other players.

Point is - they wouldn't have enough money to go poach another RFA.
    They'll simply use their cap space to re-sign A.Johnsson, K.Kapanen, and their D6, D7.
    They'll hit the cap just with those four players + 2 ELC/scrubs to fill out their 23.

*For me, this thread makes it seem like the Leafs world is ending if they lose Marner.
    He's an exceptional player, but he's also a winger.
    I think the Leafs are still in very fine shape as a team, even if Marner leaves.
    BINGO!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rep to you if it happens.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I believe the actual comments were that you have no proof, and therefore calling it a rumour was inaccurate. You still have no proof, and even if Marner does sign an offer sheet you still will have provided no proof, so outcome notwithstanding there never was and still isn’t any reason to believe you have a particular source with good knowledge. The outcome was simply within a reasonable range of outcomes, and you just as easily could have taken a bold stance as opposed to actually had any extra information.

People don’t believe Friedman and McKenzie because they’re on TV and right once. They believe the because they consistently provide inside information that bears out to be true. You being correct on a predictable scenario really doesn’t indicate anything.

Dobber Sports Deity

BINGO!
    You could also say the reason they haven't signed Kapanen or Johnsson yet us because they haven't given up hope on signing them all somehow, some way. It's clearly a long shot but if they were truly ready to move on from Marner, they'd be signing the other two.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."