Thread: Please Rank

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Please Rank

Please rank these long shot/low end/etc prospects for the league in signature. Do not mind holding prospect for several years. Looking for the ones with the most upside and most likely to make the NHL. Thank you.

Luff, Matt
    Lockwood, William
    Manukyan, Artyom
    Mismash, Grant
    Lipanov, Alexei
    Belpedio, Louis
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Please Rank

Just bumping this to see if there is any feedback before I drop players.

Leaning on dropping Manukyan/Mismash/Lipanov from this list.
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Administrator

I don't know much about most of these but Luff is worth keeping considering he's close to full-time NHL duty. Belpedio is "close" age-wise but I don't think he has much to offer in fantasy. I know numbers can be misleading but if a 22-year-old undersized D has just 21 points in the AHL I'm not too excited. As a reference point Belpedio's teammate Brennan Menell is a year younger and had 44 points. You can keep him based on how valuable farm-eligible depth is to your team ATM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Mishmash is the one I know best and I'll say he's a few years away at least, especially with NSH's depth. Plus he'll never likely be a top scorer. So depending on how long you want to wait for a guy with Auston Waston upside, he may be worth cutting for a higher reward guy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Mishmash is the one I know best and I'll say he's a few years away at least, especially with NSH's depth. Plus he'll never likely be a top scorer. So depending on how long you want to wait for a guy with Auston Waston upside, he may be worth cutting for a higher reward guy.
    Thanks for the information! Hmmm.....doesn't make it easy, as I have Watson atm on my team. Have to cut someone somewhere unfortunately. Leaning Manukyan/Belpedio for sure now.
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't know much about most of these but Luff is worth keeping considering he's close to full-time NHL duty. Belpedio is "close" age-wise but I don't think he has much to offer in fantasy. I know numbers can be misleading but if a 22-year-old undersized D has just 21 points in the AHL I'm not too excited. As a reference point Belpedio's teammate Brennan Menell is a year younger and had 44 points. You can keep him based on how valuable farm-eligible depth is to your team ATM.
    Thanks for the input. I was thinking along the same lines. I have waited a few years on him to no avail, and he seems to be stagnant in his growth in the AHL and not too impressive stat wise. I think at best he is a 3rd liner at NHL level. I also have Walman/Schmaltz as D prospects, and all three of them are similar. Stuck in AHL and not performing well. I picked Belpedio over Walman/Schmaltz to list on the "cut" list.
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So, bringing Jake Walman and Jordan Schmaltz into the discussion with Belpedio, how do you rank those three. Made me think about it more. STL has some UFA Dmen this summer. Do you think Walman/Schmaltz finally get their chance?
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Administrator

I'm not high on any of them TBH. Stagnation all over the place here. I prefer Belpedio over the STL duo although they're close enough to be interchangeable. I see them as Yannick Webers if they make it, bottom-pairing guys who move the puck a bit and are sheltered.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust