Thread: Shattenkirk vs Green

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Shattenkirk vs Green

Who would you take for the upcoming season? Both have question marks, but Green was actually decent in limited games this season, while Shattenkirk was.. Is there hope he can get back to something resembling the player he once was?

H2H points - G/A/SOG/PlusMinus/SHP/PPP/GWG/HatTrick/PIM/Hits/Blocks/FOW

Administrator

Default Re: Shattenkirk vs Green

I'm not crazy about either player in multi-cat especially with their respective red flags. How about some more details about your league? How many teams and what is the roster setup? I'm thinking if you can easily sign a competent replacement when Green goes on IR then Green is the choice. But if you're pretty much stuck with what you have going into the season then Shattenkirk might be worth a longer look considering he's younger and capable of better than he showed this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not crazy about either player in multi-cat especially with their respective red flags. How about some more details about your league? How many teams and what is the roster setup? I'm thinking if you can easily sign a competent replacement when Green goes on IR then Green is the choice. But if you're pretty much stuck with what you have going into the season then Shattenkirk might be worth a longer look considering he's younger and capable of better than he showed this year.
    12 team league, 22 player roster, 20 player minors system. We dress 6 forwards, 4 D, 2 G daily.

There's a bonus for D points, so D are at a premium in this set up. Green and Shattenkirk are definitely the best options going forward, and the waiver wire is limited for viable D, but I'm rostering 8 D total (4 bench) so I have some flexibility around injuries. Other options on the wire currently: Seabrook, Goligoski, Orlov

Here's my D:

Burns
    Karlsson
    Byfuglien
    Yandle
    Weber
    Suter
    Edler
    Shattenkirk or Green

Administrator

Green is fine on a per-game basis so if you're just looking more for a streaming option he'll be good when he's active.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Green is fine on a per-game basis so if you're just looking more for a streaming option he'll be good when he's active.
    I'm looking to roster one of the two during the season and heading in to next year. The remaining player will probably get snapped up by another team at some point, leaving me with options like the other three I mentioned above when I have an injury.

Dobber Sports Icon

I go with Green here. Shattenkirk just seems to have fallen off as far as fantasy value goes. Both have their own issues, but Green just seems like the safer option in this format.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Monster

This is a tough one. Shattenkirk should be better at this stage of his career...Green was better this past season. Shatty hasn't really looked the same since leaving STL though, so I dont know. I think I might still be tempted to roll the dice on Shatty, but it's close. Green is good but has a ton of injury risk.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

I like Shatty to bounce back this season. the problem is his lack of periphs.

Green shoots, hits and blocks more than Shatty.

If you've got some heavy periph guys on the back end already (IE: McNabb, Hagg etc) Then I'd be okay taking Shatty for the offensive upside. If you don't have big bangers... then I keep Green for the cat coverage.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

shetty has a bit more upside and maybe he actually plays decent this year. green I think you'll get exactly what he did this year along with x amount of games missed. greens better with periferial cats and maybe is the safer bet
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd prefer Green. There's a decent chance the Rangers go after a new power play 1 defenseman.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Wanted to revisit this post-Trouba trade. Is Shattenkirk's value completely tanked? I have him rostered but am considering a drop.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Wanted to revisit this post-Trouba trade. Is Shattenkirk's value completely tanked? I have him rostered but am considering a drop.
    Is Green no longer an option?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Is Green no longer an option?
    I snapped them both up because serviceable D are scarce in this format. My roster is unbalanced though, with too many bench D and not enough forwards. If it is likely Shattenkirk will be as bad as he was last year or worse I'd be better off dropping him for a forward.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think the deal hurts his value a fair bit. Admittedly, Trouba came "cheap" - net cost was a couple months of Kevin Hayes - but I think he's the #1 D, and they will see how he does with the PP1 time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.