Thread: Team audit: I need to improve on D

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Team audit: I need to improve on D

Who would you be willing to trade to get better D?

One GM wants Nylander in a package for McAvoy (RFA).....

I surely need cheaper D’s to stay under the cap for next season.....

Your take?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Administrator

Default Re: Team audit: I need to improve on D

Ekblad really stands out here as a bad investment. Even if you took a hit and got a cheap 25-point dman in his place your team as a whole would be better off.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

I agree that you need to get cheaper and losing Ekblad may be a good place to start, McAvoy should be a good target but may not end up being all that cheap as I expect he gets locked up at a good rate. Honestly, Nylander is likely your best asset to move as well. Should net you a decent return especially if you trade him to a Leafs fan.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Does that 83 Million include farm? If it does, you have a lot of solutions, as most of your farm is dead weight. Saros & Ho-Sang are good value, Allen might be okay value if Binngton gets hurt or Allen gets dealt to a desperate team. The rest range from "Poor value" to "Why is he rostered?" as I see it - none of them are worth holding at all. I think it doesn't count, though I'd certainly want cheaper players - and there should be a lot of choices in a league like this. It's not real deep.

Goalie looks fine with the 2 on your roster & Saros. You have decent forwards.

I'd dangle Allen and Ekblad, and hope somebody desperate bites - aim for any cheaper useful player. Nylander should net a decent return, and McAvoy should be a better value, but I'd want to know what the rest of the package is going both ways.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Does that 83 Million include farm? If it does, you have a lot of solutions, as most of your farm is dead weight. Saros & Ho-Sang are good value, Allen might be okay value if Binngton gets hurt or Allen gets dealt to a desperate team. The rest range from "Poor value" to "Why is he rostered?" as I see it - none of them are worth holding at all. I think it doesn't count, though I'd certainly want cheaper players - and there should be a lot of choices in a league like this. It's not real deep.

Goalie looks fine with the 2 on your roster & Saros. You have decent forwards.

I'd dangle Allen and Ekblad, and hope somebody desperate bites - aim for any cheaper useful player. Nylander should net a decent return, and McAvoy should be a better value, but I'd want to know what the rest of the package is going both ways.
    It’s NHL cap and farm doesn’t count on it....obviously, there are some farm players I’ll drop at the draft....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll reiterate the Ekblad comments... I'm not sure McAvoy is the Dman I would want coming back. His SOG/GM rate has gotta be the worst in the NHL for any offensive Dman. That will translate into limited points. basically 1 sog/gm since he entered the NHL. I mean, those are McNabb & Hagg SOG totals.

He needs to get it to a minimum of 1.5 per game to have a shot at becoming a legit offensive point producing Dman. Until he does... getting to 50pts is going to be a chore. It'll be straight assists if he does.

I like the idea of moving Nylander for a Dman with the projected ceiling of McAvoy, but not him specifically.

Maybe look at someone like Devon Toews - who's off most radar's but arguably has a similar ceiling. It won't cost you Nylander either.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Like others have said, drop Ekblad. At that salary, there aren't many worse options in points-only formats. McAvoy is also not a great option in points-only formats, and he is set to get a big raise (could get a cap hit over $7 million on an 8 year deal). I'd avoid him too.

I'm in a cap league and need help on defense also. Some relatively cheaper options I'm looking at are:

- Pulock: you might not be able to get him, but Leddy was not very successful on the PP this past season, so I'm hoping they use Pulock more in that role next year.

- Muzzin: Gardiner is all but gone, so Muzzin should get some solid PP time (second unit) and scored at a nice clip upon his arrival to Toronto.

- Hamilton and Faulk: I put these two together because I think one will be traded (probably Faulk) and that will be a benefit to both players.

- Ristolainen: I think he will be traded, and in the right spot could explode for 50 pts. Year in, year out he gets over 40 on a low scoring team, and this past season lost some PP time to Dahlin. Dahlin is the future, and I think Buffalo will entertain dealing Risto. If he goes somewhere that lets him play on the top unit with some offensive stars, 50 pts is within reach imo.

If I were you, I'd be looking at dmen who had an off year and should rebound, especially if their situation changes in the off-season.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98