Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Edm GM decision

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edm GM decision

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Just to quell rumours, I have also turned down the job as Edmonton GM.
    i thought i recognized you coming out of the interview...hahaha
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

I was interviewed for the Canucks job but the owner keeps denying it even happened

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    A lot that look at the roster (outside of McDavid, Drai, RNH, Klefbom and some good prospects) and the owner and go "uhhh... no thanks". It is the same in Ottawa, notice how NO ONE wants to be the President of Hockey Ops there hahaa

If Katz gets rid of the old 80's boys there then the smart folks would line up to GM a team with McJesus.

Also if they just leave Keith Gretzky in limbo and he leaves after would Wayne leave as well?
    Agreed. Any core that has McDavid and Dr. Dre is worth it. It's the shit-show upstairs that scares off quality candidates.

The Great One

Anyone that has a shot at GM'ing a team with McDavid that doesn't have any other opportunities would jump at this job offer.

I think the Oilers aren't reaching out to a lot of people right now and playing it extremely safe.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    How many people are going to turn down the job?
    So far, two, and both decided to stay with their existing organizations.

I am thankful that Ken Holland decided to stay in Detroit. He is past his prime IMO and has done little for years to change my mind there.

McCrimmon would have been interesting to see what he could have done but it's hard to argue with him staying on in Vegas, seeing as he's had a hand in building everything there; a winning organization. The Golden Knights clearly value him as well and he used the Oilers interest into the GM role in Vegas. Good for him.

So here we are now looking at a few other options. Mark Hunter and Sean Burke appears to be the front runners for now but who really knows. I am not as sold on Burke as I am Hunter for some reason so that means Burke will probably get the job
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

How many people are going to turn down the job?
    Only people who have another NHL GM position lined up would turn down one of the 31 GM positions in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We have no idea how many people may have turned down the job. The Oilers are not going to come out and say 'Hey we kept asking people and they kept saying no!' It also doesn't account for anyone who might have turned it down before even getting to an interview stage. I really don't think the McDavid factor is as big as people think when weighed against the total lack of competence across upper management and ownership.

Dobber Sports Stud

There is a distinct possibility that an offer was made with certain conditions that were refused.

So now there is some negotiation about which conditions can be altered.

While the team continues to troll for candidates
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Now the rumor wagon has circled back to Holland again, even though he's stated hes staying in Detroit. Ugh.

Just make a decision.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Oilers offering Holland full control to become GM. Maybe he will come in and clean out the OBC.

https://twitter.com/JonathanWillis/s...877492736?s=19

"The Oilers and Holland have conducted extensive negotiations, with sources telling Sportsnet that the important issue of complete autonomy to hire and fire at will has been granted by Edmonton."

Dobber Sports Master

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...and-wants-job/

In the days since, Holland has spoken with Nicholson, and it is believed the two are down to short strokes in defining all the job would entail in Edmonton. They are believed to still be hammering out details as the weekend hits.

Administrator

If the old regime is actually gone and not just re-assigned to other roles it becomes a bit more interesting. The problem is I don't have faith in this happening even if we're told it's happening.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

If the old regime is actually gone and not just re-assigned to other roles it becomes a bit more interesting. The problem is I don't have faith in this happening even if we're told it's happening.
    I'll believe it when I see it too. If it is Holland, and hes making big changes, it will be interesting to see what he does.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...502924294?s=19

As we sign off for the night, Ken Holland’s decision on EDM’s substantial offer to be GM is expected in the next day or so. If he does join the Oilers, it is believed Dave Tippett will be in the coaching mix.

5M x 5yrs is the apparent contract offer to Holland. I don't have an issue with Tippett coming in as the coach, if that's how it goes. People seem to think it will affect McDavid and Draisaitl and their offense but star players will always find a way to score. Tippett would improve the play in the Oilers end, leading to less goals scored, not affecting the play in the offensive zone.

Dobber Sports Master

Tippett would a settling influence for oilers ; could have sworn he was part of the Seattle management team though .