Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huberdeau for 2nd Overall(Kakko or hugues)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Huberdeau for 2nd Overall(Kakko or hugues)

92 points in a points only league guys. This is the perfect setup for Huberdeau.

Math next year:
    Huberdeau - 80 (let's split the difference between this season and last season)
    Letang - 60 (obviously can't miss a ton of time but we'll put him here on both sides - I would also keep Letang before Atkinson)

Vs

Letang - 60
    Atkinson - 60 (my projection with no expected Panarin)
    Kakko - wild card no doubt but I'm going to project him to a comparable rookie from this season - svechnikov and give him 37 points. Keep in mind Kakko could easily play 9 or zero nhl games next season.

This isn't factoring in the player/pick you would have to give up.

So it's the two best players at 140 points VS the 2nd,3rd, and 4th best players at 157 points.

Given this is a limited keeper, there is some serious risk factoring in Kakkos production next season, and we haven't factored in the missing pick/player production that we'd have to give up (info not provided), I will stick with my original instinct and happily take the two best players next season.

Edit: I should have made this point more clear. Can you find 18 points with the draft pick you would have to add to the deal? I suspect you could easily find 30-40 points with that pick.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

Am I missing something about either Atkinson of Kakko here? Huberdeau just had a career year with 92 points. Atkinson just had a career year with 69 points. That's a significant difference. What are the chances of Kakko coming in and scoring 70+ as a rookie? Only 2 rookies have gotten over the 70 mark in the last 10 years. Hell, only 14 have broke 60-points. You've got a competitive team. Those extra points from Huberdeau are going to be huge for you this year.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well, for the record, I traded Hub and 10r-10 pick(my last pick) for his 1round pick(2nd Overall).

Pretty happy!
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Initiate

You did exactly what I thought you should do. Don’t look back. Letang is a keeper now and you have Kakko! A career year for Huberdeau won’t happen again for him under Coach Q. Plus, a 60 point Dman is = to a 80 point forward. You basically got Kakko for free.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for giving me the confidence to do this trade.

Quick question: how did you manage having so many 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks? Just curious.
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Initiate

I made 53 trades last year. I never even drop a player. If I feel like dropping a player, I research my fellow GM’s weaknesses and offer the player I’m dropping plus a 6th in exchange for a 4th. Voila. I upgraded picks all for a player I didn’t want anymore.

The key to all this is drafting well and I’m fortunate to be in a never-ending cycle of having great picks that afford me the opportunity to keep this method of trading and drafting up.

Your Kakko deal is exactly what I try to do all year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I made 53 trades last year.
    That's Stuntman12 territory
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I made 53 trades last year. I never even drop a player. If I feel like dropping a player, I research my fellow GM’s weaknesses and offer the player I’m dropping plus a 6th in exchange for a 4th. Voila. I upgraded picks all for a player I didn’t want anymore.

The key to all this is drafting well and I’m fortunate to be in a never-ending cycle of having great picks that afford me the opportunity to keep this method of trading and drafting up.

Your Kakko deal is exactly what I try to do all year.
    Nice work. I've done similar in the last few years but this season my fellow GMs seemed to start catching on. They aren't trading with me as much and pulling draft picks is now like pulling teeth.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Nice work. I've done similar in the last few years but this season my fellow GMs seemed to start catching on. They aren't trading with me as much and pulling draft picks is now like pulling teeth.
    Your signature shows you 3-peating. Trades do get harder in that situation but all I have to do as a GM is a better job at selling the deal and making sure to give support to a shown weakness on the other team.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Glad you like the deal, hope it works out for you, but it's very, very doubtful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.