Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huberdeau for 2nd Overall(Kakko or hugues)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Huberdeau for 2nd Overall(Kakko or hughes)

Hi everyone, I ask the 2nd overall owner what he would want for it, and he answered Huberdeau. Should I go for it? Keep in mind I need to give him a pick in return aswell.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Huberdeau for 2nd Overall(Kakko or hugues)

Probably not. League info / roster / keepers / scoring / prospect only draft etc. - would help. Generally we want to avoid trading an established 25 year old player that just hit 92 points for a prospect. Even if he never hits 90 again he should be over 70 next season and the general rule should still apply.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sophomore

here you go, in signature
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't consider that. Way too big a risk that the guy you pick is worse than Huberdeau with little chance of being better.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll agree. Your team is quite strong and win next season should be the top priority. Hubs almost certainly gives you the best shot at that.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thirded, no way I'm making that trade. 90 point player in his prime, vs a guy who might hit 90 someday?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes, I’d make that deal. Keep Letang as your 15th keeper instead of Huberdeau. My reasoning is that the difference between a Letang and Huberdeau is smaller than having Kakko going forward. That and Huberdeau doesn’t even come close the 90 ever again with Coach Q in town.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would only do this trade if it was freeing up a spot in your keepers for someone you really don't want to cut. I don't see that happening. You have several guys below Huberdeau in your forwards who should get the axe first. Keep Hubs because you will have a better shot at the title this year with him than without.

For the record, as Skippy suggested, I think you need to make room for Letang in your keepers. But I would be dropping one of Nugent-Hopkins, Atkinson or Nylander to keep him.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I would only do this trade if it was freeing up a spot in your keepers for someone you really don't want to cut. I don't see that happening. You have several guys below Huberdeau in your forwards who should get the axe first. Keep Hubs because you will have a better shot at the title this year with him than without.

For the record, as Skippy suggested, I think you need to make room for Letang in your keepers. But I would be dropping one of Nugent-Hopkins, Atkinson or Nylander to keep him.
    Obviously, I don’t disagree that he has keepers valued lower than Huberdeau, but I don’t think they would land him Kakko. Sure, try packaging Atkinson with Nino and a pick for that 2nd overall. Then you keep Letang and get Kakko.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would keep Huberdeau here.

Try a lesser forward and a pick for Kakko.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Before posting the thread, I tried Atkinson and my 4r-10 pick...but he isn't interested in Atkinson...that would of been perfect. Also offered Bergeron without success.

Should I offer him Seguin? Centers are easier to get and I wouldn't lose a LW.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Seguin, I honestly think may be a worse option than Huberdeau.

I did miss the updated sig showing you weren't keeping Letang, but you need to keep him. So the deal isn't so awful, since you keep Letang, but I'd simply drop Atkinson instead, I think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks everyone for the comments, I'm bit torned here. anyway if I don't make that trade I'll keep Letang, don't worry and I'll try to trade Atkinson for a 3 round pick at least. cheers

Dobber Sports Jedi

So... it's really Huberdeau for either Atkinson or Letang & #2 overall.

Moving Hubs opens a spot for one or the other. Or just Atkinson as you've said you'll find a way to keep Letang.

Taking the totality of the picture into consideration - who you get to replace Hubs with + the pick.

I would make the deal.

The downgrade from Hubs to Atkinson isn't huge. The Bonus of Kakko swings the pendulum for me
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

That’s what I’ve been saying all along. Letang, Atkinson and Kakko is much better than Huberdeau and Atkinson.

Make the deal and get Kakko now!