Thread: What are you guys thinking about CBJ.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default What are you guys thinking about CBJ.

vs Leafs or Bruins. They've had a Long layoff. Will it help or hurt them?

Hey guys, I'm not doing well in my pool so far, think I probably have to go with some players from a "dark horse" team.
    Look forward to hearing any thoughts on CBJ going forward? Will REP who I can.

Points only (skaters G-1 A-1; Goalies W-2 + 1 for SO) Non Draft pool.

If my SIG shows up below it does NOT apply to this SC pool.

Thanks guys.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What are you guys thinking about CBJ.

I had them beating TB in most of my pools, and picked a few guys from them in over half. I think they have a solid shot to keep rolling, despite the layoff.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I agree. They have the goaltending and all the elements to be successful. A ton of hungry players on UFA contracts. I give them at least even odds in Round 2.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not betting against anyone that swept Tampa Bay.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point, considering all the upsets we've seen already, I can't count out anyone to win the whole shooting match, including the Blue Jackets.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

didnt expect them to sweep but I wouldnt have been shocked if they won vs TB had it gone 7 games

Dobber Sports Icon

Personally, I think they just caught fire at the right time and were juiced up due to absolutely no one (except apparently Eskimo Brother) picking them to beat the Lightning. Couple that with a Lightning team that never got out of coast mode and you have the recipe for an upset.

I think that both Boston and Toronto are significantly more talented than the Jackets and are going to be riding the momentum from a victory over a rival (multiplied by 10 if the Leafs pull it off). No matter who the opponent ends up being, I think they dispatch Columbus easily in 5 games.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Personally, I think they just caught fire at the right time and were juiced up due to absolutely no one (except apparently Eskimo Brother) picking them to beat the Lightning. Couple that with a Lightning team that never got out of coast mode and you have the recipe for an upset.

I think that both Boston and Toronto are significantly more talented than the Jackets and are going to be riding the momentum from a victory over a rival (multiplied by 10 if the Leafs pull it off). No matter who the opponent ends up being, I think they dispatch Columbus easily in 5 games.
    I agree. Way too long of a layoff for the Jackets to do it again. They go from zero expectations to a team that just beat the best regular season team in 20 years. And they've had to sit with that for a week +

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    dispatch Columbus
    pun intended ?

The Columbus Dispatch is a daily newspaper based in Columbus, Ohio. Its first issue was published on July 1, 1871, and has been the only mainstream daily newspaper in the city since The Columbus Citizen-Journal ceased publication in 1985. Wikipedia

Dobber Sports Genius

I think they take out Boston or Toronto in round 2. I don't think either team is built as complete top to bottom as Columbus is.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Administrator

If we learned anything in the first round it's that we shouldn't analyze a series on paper. Plus every subjective analysis can be seen from different perspectives. On one hand you can say CBJ caught fire at the right time and they're rolling. On the other hand you can say all hot streaks come to an end and they could be due for an emotional letdown after such an upset. The games have to be played for a reason.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    pun intended ?

The Columbus Dispatch is a daily newspaper based in Columbus, Ohio. Its first issue was published on July 1, 1871, and has been the only mainstream daily newspaper in the city since The Columbus Citizen-Journal ceased publication in 1985. Wikipedia
    Haha, no had definitely not heard of the newspaper before... but all my exes tell me I'm pretty much the king of "dad jokes" so I guess the puns just come naturally to me

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If we learned anything in the first round it's that we shouldn't analyze a series on paper. Plus every subjective analysis can be seen from different perspectives. On one hand you can say CBJ caught fire at the right time and they're rolling. On the other hand you can say all hot streaks come to an end and they could be due for an emotional letdown after such an upset. The games have to be played for a reason.
    Hey now, we're hockey fans... we either learn absolutely nothing from recent history and do things the way we've always done them or we completely overreact and assume that this is now the new normal and how things will always be until the end of time
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Jedi

I do wonder if this long lay off will affect Columbus more than it would other teams. All this momentum from end of season, winning 7 of 8 just to get in, and then sweeping TB, gets lost over the past week.

Conversely, if Toronto wins... will the 'slaying' of Boston create a Game 1 let down in round 2? or Carry momentum over?

Last year Bos had nothing left after Tor. & it's been a tougher series this year.

I really think Columbus hold their own fate in their hands. If Torts can keep them rolling, They could find themselves in the finals.

(I'm still wanting a Tor-NYI Conf. finals)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for all the posts guys. Lots of food for thought here.
    I already have 3 Bruins on my roster so if they win tonight no CBJ for me. If Bruins lose out I'll likely go with some CBJ guys as a hope for the best swing or miss move.
    Did REP everyone I could. Thanks guys.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.