Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vezina Trophy Finalists announced

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Vezina Trophy Finalists announced

I would be quite surprised, even after getting swept in the first round, if Vasilevskiy doesn't walk away with this award. It might not be as big of an upset if he loses like losing in the 1st round, but it would probably feel like it. The other two are certainly worthy candidates.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-nhl-aw...ts/c-306867200

Ben Bishop of the Dallas Stars, Robin Lehner of the New York Islanders and Andrei Vasilevskiy of the Tampa Bay Lightning were named finalists for the Vezina Trophy on Saturday. The award is given annually to the goalie voted the best at his position.

The winner will be announced at the 2019 NHL Awards presented by Bridgestone at the Mandalay Bay Events Center sports and entertainment complex in Las Vegas on June 19.

Bishop led the NHL with a .934 save percentage, was second with a 1.98 goals-against average and third with seven shutouts among goalies with at least 10 games played. He was 27-15-2 in 46 games (45 starts) and set a Stars record with an NHL career-long shutout streak of 233:04 from March 2-19, winning six straight games over that span. He led NHL goalies with at least 15 games played in save percentage at even strength (.938).

Lehner became the first player to get a shutout in his Islanders debut (4-0 against the San Jose Sharks on Oct. 8) and he finished with an NHL career-high 25 wins and six shutouts in 46 games (25-13-5). He won an NHL career-best eight straight starts from Dec. 18 through Jan. 10. Among NHL goalies with at least 10 games played, Lehner ranked second in save percentage (.930) and third in GAA (2.13). Lehner and backup Thomas Greiss won the William M. Jennings Trophy, awarded to the goalies on the team that allowed the fewest goals (196, including five shootout winners) during the regular season.

Vasilevskiy helped the Lightning tie an NHL record for wins in a season (62) and win the Presidents' Trophy with 128 points. He led the NHL with 39 wins, tied for fourth with Lehner in shutouts (six), and had a 2.40 GAA and .925 save percentage in 53 games. Vasilevskiy went 30-7-3 after his return from a foot injury Dec. 13, including 10 straight wins from Feb. 9-March 5. He could be the first Lightning goalie to win the Vezina after finishing third in the voting last season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Vezina Trophy Finalists announced

Yeah, this really has got to be Vas' year. All three goalies had amazing seasons.

In my main keeper, early in the season, I had all three of these guys on my roster. Of course I ended up trading Lehner for peanuts later on though
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

love me some Lehner for obvious reasons but I would have assumed Fleury , Price , Andersen would have been in the mix over Robin and Ben

Dobber Sports Pro

They all have amazing seasons but one stat catch my eyes, their number of games played. 46 for Lehner and Bishop, 53 for Vasilevskiy. That’s really low for number 1 goalie. Personally, i would give it to Bishop, he was really dominant this season.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bishop had an outstanding year, especially down the stretch. However, I'm not sure how anyone other than Vas gets it this year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Should go to Lehner imo

Dobber Sports Pro

I get that Vas probably wins it but Bishop and Lehner have strong cases as well. Sure Vas has the wins but the other have just as good peripherals and play for less talented teams.

Would like to see Bishop win it. Lehner probably has the Masterton locked in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I actually like Bishop here, as I don't think Dallas is much of a defensive team.
    That .934sv% is REALLY impressive with the scoring boom of the last two years.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Vas will win it.

However, Bishop's numbers on a less talented team, especially defensively, should garner more attention/votes than I feel it has.

Big Daddy

Will likely go to Vasilevskiy but it should probably go to Bishop. They will give Lehner the Masterton.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Voting is submitted before the playoffs begin. So it's entirely based on regular season. A TB 1st round exit or NYI/Dal series win has no impact on voting
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Voting is submitted before the playoffs begin. So it's entirely based on regular season. A TB 1st round exit or NYI/Dal series win has no impact on voting
    I know that. But if you go based on numbers, Bishop should win.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I know that. But if you go based on numbers, Bishop should win.
    there were previous comments that mentioned playoffs. Wasn't directed at you or anyone specifically.

I hope it's not Vas.. just nothing I really like about TB.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gotta be Bishop for me. Vasilevsky had a good season but the only thing that stands out is leading the league in Ws, that his entirely team based.

Bishop's GAA and SV% are amazing on a team that on paper does not have a great D-core. Also, I think the fact that Greiss was so close Lehner in W/GAA/Sv% hurts him a little bit. Bishop had much better numbers than his backup which to me says he personally excelled.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Gotta be Bishop for me. Vasilevsky had a good season but the only thing that stands out is leading the league in Ws, that his entirely team based.

Bishop's GAA and SV% are amazing on a team that on paper does not have a great D-core. Also, I think the fact that Greiss was so close Lehner in W/GAA/Sv% hurts him a little bit. Bishop had much better numbers than his backup which to me says he personally excelled.
    100% agree with this.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin