Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rank these keepers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Rank these keepers

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Could always try to package two of them for a better keeper forward but that isn’t easy to do, especially in the offseason.
    Yeah, that was my preferred method but no luck so far. Honestly, I think someone is going to get a sweet deal on some of these players for a late first round or second round pick so that they swoop in and grab them ahead of the guys actually drafting there.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Agree with this also, well minus Johansen. I don't consider him in the same category as the other players. Easy drop for me. No way I keep a forward averaging less than 2 SOG/gm over the last six seasons.

Ovie/Kuch are clear keeps so their exclusion makes a lot of sense.

so 5/6 are easy choices - Ovie, Kuch, Marchand, Seguin, P. Kane

#6 comes down to ROR, Lindholm and to a lesser extent Skinner.

Often when two players are equal offensively the tie-break goes to the winger. But, with the inclusion of FOW. ROR is a must keep. He's an elite FO Centre. On par, or as close to as anyone else in the league, with Bergeron.

Due to his FO dominance & the fact he can give you 70+pts... ROR is #6
    This response is the big reason I was asking for rankings. Stats-wise Johansen deserves to be kept in this set up, but his perceived value isn't there. So I'm not as focused on getting something in return for him.

But this thread has let me see what people tend to think about the guys in the middle of my pack and who my best bets to recoup value on are... so those are the guys I'm going to focus on offering around the league. Better to get something for them than nothing.

Thanks for your input man, appreciate it!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Yeah, that was my preferred method but no luck so far. Honestly, I think someone is going to get a sweet deal on some of these players for a late first round or second round pick so that they swoop in and grab them ahead of the guys actually drafting there.
    I’d be all over that if I were one of those few bottom teams. Unfortunately for me I don’t have a 1st so I’m going to miss out on all the action.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I’d be all over that if I were one of those few bottom teams. Unfortunately for me I don’t have a 1st so I’m going to miss out on all the action.
    You never know what a second and third may land ya Dave
    Without me, it's only "aweso".