Thread: No Brainer?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default No Brainer?

I've been offered Doughty and Hoffman in exchange for Tolvanen, Steel and Cody Mcleod. Not the league in my signature but a league with the same roster and scoring set up.

I'm very weary of giving up on Eli and Steel given their upside, am I being an idiot? Tell me I'm crazy for not just taking this deal.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: No Brainer?

I love prospects so not sure I'd want to give up Tolvanen and Steel. Don't know much about McLeod to be honest. Maybe it all depends on if you are going for the W because in that case, both Hoffman and Doughty have proven they can put up good numbers. If you aren't close, not sure I'd do the deal. If you are, then I don't think it would be a bad return.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Titan

Would be interesting to see the rest of your team, but I would lean towards taking that deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Need more context. This decision depends on where your team stands now. If you are competing next season make the deal. If you are rebuilding than it is an obvious no.

Dobber Sports Stud

Here is my full team:

Forwards
    Arvidsson, Draisaitl, Laine, Huberdeau, Petterson, Keller, Aho, Marner, Nylander, Shaw, Lehkonen, Duclair, Goldobin, Nichushkin, Kassian, Caggiula, Sundqvist

Defense
    Rielly, Klingberg, Jones, Trouba, Dumba, DeAngelo, Matheson

Goalie
    Murray, Hellebuyck, Gibson, Miller

Farm
    Tolvanen, Steel, Klostin, McLoed, Akil Thomas, Khovanov, Kylington, Hague, Merziliken, Adin Hill, Colton Point, Tarasov

My team made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. As you can see my roster is very young and fairly top heavy. I don't have any picks in this year's draft either if that makes a difference. Stay the course and build a powerhouse through improvement or push my chips to the middle next season? Note that the scoring in this league is H2H-points, not just straight points. Top 8 teams make the playoffs.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd say without any picks, and a 1st round loss, I'd hang on to your prospects. Not sure if Hoffman and Doughty would be enough to get you into the winner's circle. I won't offer advice on which other players you could maybe offer up, because I'm not strong in giving much trade advice, but I don't believe what you're getting back is a big enough jump to get you to the top. I'd decline.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Titan

With a little more info I agree with holding off for now. You don't necessarily need Doughty/Hoffman right now to probably get to the playoffs, and they're not the final pieces to the puzzle. If you hold Steel and Tolvanen until the trade deadline, I bet they get you a better return there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Cody McLeod? How does he get in there and why is he in your minors? The guy is like 34 years old? Good on ya for getting him in there but not sure why you even own him.

That being said, looking at this deal, you don't really need Doughty, which tells me your D is pretty good, although I do think that Hoffman is someone worth looking at if you can scale back the deal. You start 12F (if this league is similar to the other one you mention in your sig) and from what I can see, you really only have 9 good starting forwards. You have a lot of scrubs that Hoffman is a serious upgrade over. I'd see what he'd do for Hoffman alone, without Doughty. That will improve your team today and going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."