Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Mueller report

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Mueller report

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    ^ Right on cue with the ad hominem approach. I'll refrain, for the good of the forum.
    You're right, I should have addressed the content and not the person. My fault, sorry. I let my frustration with having the same conversation over and over get to me.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Who knows what may or may not actually happen.

Democrats need to stop playing nice and start using the tactics that Republicans use to get what they want.

If they can after the next election, raise the number of Supreme Court members, pack it with liberals and start ramming through laws.

If that happens and the Democrats start playing dirty pool as well... I think it would signal the end of democracy in the US. Canada should be watching very closely what is happening. The divisivness in the politcal system in Canada right now is terrifying and Canadian democracy could be heading down the same path. When two political parties think its more important to win than it is to do what is right for the country, there is no where to go.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    See, I just think you're so far off from reality here that it's impossible to even engage in conversation.
    I had the same reaction reading his post. It's like where do I even begin! Better off just to 'walk' away...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    How many criminal court proceedings?
    Um, probably none, since compelling evidence is required for that sort of thing.

2 years and millions of dollars spent, and the Mueller report cited how many possible grounds for impeachment ?

Volume II of the Mueller report lays out 11 instances of possible obstruction of justice by Trump. I really suggest you at least read Muellers executive summaries before commenting on the report.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/full-tex...tive-summaries

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    If that happens and the Democrats start playing dirty pool as well... I think it would signal the end of democracy in the US. Canada should be watching very closely what is happening. The divisivness in the politcal system in Canada right now is terrifying and Canadian democracy could be heading down the same path. When two political parties think its more important to win than it is to do what is right for the country, there is no where to go.
    As far as I can tell democracy is pretty much destroyed in the USA already.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The left have been screaming for the past two years "JUST WAIT FOR THE REPORT!". Well, the report was released, and nothings changed. He's still president, and now it's "WAIT FOR 2020!". At the end of the day, the banter back and forth means nothing. The left says "Damn uneducated Republicans!", while the right laughs at the "delusional Democrats!". Trump is still president, and the msm leads the blind sheep.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The left have been screaming for the past two years "JUST WAIT FOR THE REPORT!". Well, the report was released, and nothings changed. He's still president, and now it's "WAIT FOR 2020!". At the end of the day, the banter back and forth means nothing. The left says "Damn uneducated Republicans!", while the right laughs at the "delusional Democrats!". Trump is still president, and the msm leads the blind sheep.
    Over 30 people indicted (including multiple Trump associates, including his campaign chair) as a result of the Mueller investigation is nothing? Set aside everything else and that's still a remarkable amount of corruption that has been rooted out of the weeds, with a suspiciously high amount of it related to Trump himself.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    When two political parties think its more important to win than it is to do what is right for the country, there is no where to go.
    Sounds a bit like the Conservatives and Labour parties in the UK. Instead of getting on with Brexit, which the majority voted for, they use it for political gain instead, dragging the process on and on, causing more trouble than if they had just go on with it.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Icon

12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Just let it go, everyone has moved on.... or you looking to get another thread locked?

Dobber Sports All-Star

It sounds like Pelosi is going to announce formal impeachment proceedings very soon over the Ukraine fiasco,.... if anyone cares.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    It sounds like Pelosi is going to announce formal impeachment proceedings very soon over the Ukraine fiasco,.... if anyone cares.
    I have the champagne all ready!!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It doesn't much matter IMO. In the current political environment that chooses party over state, every time, without fail, I don't see any way this gets through the senate.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It doesn't much matter IMO. In the current political environment that chooses party over state, every time, without fail, I don't see any way this gets through the senate.
    True enough. Impeachment at this point is just a symbolic gesture. That said, as unpopular as attempting the impeachment of a sitting Presidents is, and although it may hurt the Democrats going into the 2020 election, it is the right thing to do. Future generations will at least be able to look back and see that somebody tried to uphold the law.

For whatever that is worth.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    True enough. Impeachment at this point is just a symbolic gesture. That said, as unpopular as attempting the impeachment of a sitting Presidents is, and although it may hurt the Democrats going into the 2020 election, it is the right thing to do. Future generations will at least be able to look back and see that somebody tried to uphold the law.

For whatever that is worth.
    Agreed. This is just a formality but will tarnish his image in the history books with an asterisk.