Thread: Who do you like more & why?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Who do you like more & why?

I'd like some forum feedback on these three prospects. Tell me who you like better, higher ceiling etc. & why

Akil Thomas
    Klim Kostin
    Jason Robertson.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who do you like more & why?

Kostin I still think has the highest ceiling, he's just developing slowly. Thomas I'm a fan of and he has a solidly high floor. Just a very smart player. Reminds me a little of Robert Thomas actually.

Robertson I know the least about, as I have never followed him, never owned him, and only seen him play live once.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Anyone else?

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree that Kostin has the highest ceiling but his development hasn't gone as fast as some would like. Most forget he was playing in the AHL as a 19 year old, which isn't always easy, especially when we think about him coming to a new country and all. I think patience needs to be shown with him.

My 2nd choice would be Robertson. The kid put up some serious numbers this past season in the OHL. Dallas has some openings coming up due to other kids not stepping up as expected and Robertson could step in quicker than some expect.

Thomas also had a great year in Jr, but he's behind the other two guys for me, but damn close to Robertson for upside. I don't like his opportunity as much in LA unless he moves to a wing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kostin has personally been falling down my list for awhile and I’d take a chance on the others before him. I was very high on kostin as a youngster playing in a men’s league, struggles to be expected. What’s troubling to me is the mumbles I’ve been hearing about maturity problems and taking dumb penalties. Lots of dumb penalties. Constantly taking dumb penalties and not learning from that is a huge red flag for me. He seems to be stuck in reverse at this point and until I see a track record of improvement I’m looking elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Since this got bumped back to the main page, I'll toss in the results..

original offer was Kostin for my Thomas. I was asking for Robertson instead.

Final deal Kostin for A. Nylander -- who I have little belief in. there were picks involved as well, basically just swapping years.

I def prefer Kostin to AN -

I'm a fan of Akil Thomas so being able to keep him and add Kostin - I like