Thread: What a comeback by the Storm!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default What a comeback by the Storm!!

Down 0-3 , Guelph have won 4 in a row against the powerful Knights! Big surprise for me. Suzuki look dominant ( 11 points in the 4 wins).
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: What a comeback by the Storm!!

Quite the comeback indeed. Plenty of offense for Bouchard and Boqvist but not nearly enough defense by the looks of things. I'm not sure of the full details but Mark Hunter refused or neglected to shake hands with Guelph's players. Classy.

Nearly as shocking, after emptying the cupboard and selling nearly every draft pick they could to go all in this year, the Niagara IceDogs were eliminated by Oshawa, a team they sold picks to in exchange for Jack Studnicka & Matt Brassard.

On the bright side Studnicka and Bouchard look to get some AHL playoff action in this year!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Looks good on Hunter. What a classy Baby. But what a fantastic game it was. Very back and forth between Guelph and London. But the better team took down the Giant Knights.

And in doing so, became just the 4th team in OHL history to come back from a 0-3 deficit to win a playoff series. (4th team but 5th time because the Spits did it twice).

GO STORM!

Dobber Sports Veteran

This was the outcome I expected - just not how i expected it. Figured Guelph would take it in 7, just not coming back from down 3...

Anytime you can beat the best junior organization in the world in a BO7, you should feel proud.

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow! Came back from 3 series-deficits to win the J. Ross Robertson Cup. MacKenzie Entwistle wins it with the underdog team 2 years in a row after being traded from Hamilton. This year he needs a Memorial Cup to go with it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I believe. Home town fan here will be watching!