Thread: Greiss, Varlamov or trade to get Crawford, Howard, Quick, Raanta

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Greiss, Varlamov or trade to get Crawford, Howard, Quick, Raanta

Which goalie to keep:

Thomas Greiss
    Semyon Varlamov

The 2 are looking to be second goalie or 1B.

Count W (2) So (5)

Goalie on the market are:
    • Robin Lehner
    • Corey Crawford
    • Jacob Makstrom
    • Jommy Howard
    • Jonathan Quick
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Antti Raanta
    • Petr Mrazek
    • Phil Grubauer

We dress 2 goalies all year long. I already plan to put Carter Hart as no.1 goalie (and next year keep him)

Goalie I think will be protected:
    Bobrovsky, Vasilevsky, Andersen, Hellebyuk, Fleury, Gibson, Dubny, Jones, Rinne, Price, Rask, Holtby, Bishop and Murray
    15 Team - 40 players - Dress 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    G(4) A(2) Point(1) SoG(0,4) Bks(0,5) Hit(0,4) Hat trick(3) TK(1) GS(7) Ga(-4) Sv(0,4)
    Keeper league (number of keeper depend on ranking - 8 to 12 + 3 Rookies and all prospect)

F. Matthews, Tkachuk, Stamkos, McDavid, Scheifele, Fiala
    D. Rielly, Werenski, Parayko
    G. Brobrovsky
    R. Batherson,
    P. Denisenko, Tufte, Noël, Kratsov, Vehvilainen, Bjornfot, Beaudoin,

2016: 13e, 2017: 1er, 2018: 8e, 2019: 1er 2020: 4e

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Greiss, Varlamov or trade to get Crawford, Howard, Quick, Raanta

Lehner
    Grubauer
    Mrazek
    Markstrom
    Howard

In order from that list.

Where's Binnington in all this?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The only guys I want from that list are:

Lehner - best if he stays on Isles, but I may not want to pay the cost to get him right now.
    Grubauer - Avalanche's #1 next year, reasonably safe choice.
    Markstrom - Should be Canucks #1 next year.
    Raanta - In a competition with Keumper, I think.
    Mrazek - I'd guess he gets an offer from the Hurricanes, unsure if he signs there, though.

I agree in wanting to know where Binngton is on the list, and I will add in Saros. There are goalies straight up missing. If the goalies on the market all become available in the draft, I'd be very comfortable only keeping 1.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I should add... anyone from that list that Florida signs - not named Bob (since you suspect he'll be kept)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Sorry

I think the guy who have Bennington and Ullmark will keep these has Rookie, like i'm gonna do with Hart. (complicated pool system, little mixt between dynastie and Keeper)

Each poolers keep one goalie (exept rookie status), so the goalie a list on market are the one who i think aren't gonna be protected. Do I try a trade for one of those like Lehner, Gubauer or I keep one of the 2 I have and try to draft one of those.
    15 Team - 40 players - Dress 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    G(4) A(2) Point(1) SoG(0,4) Bks(0,5) Hit(0,4) Hat trick(3) TK(1) GS(7) Ga(-4) Sv(0,4)
    Keeper league (number of keeper depend on ranking - 8 to 12 + 3 Rookies and all prospect)

F. Matthews, Tkachuk, Stamkos, McDavid, Scheifele, Fiala
    D. Rielly, Werenski, Parayko
    G. Brobrovsky
    R. Batherson,
    P. Denisenko, Tufte, Noël, Kratsov, Vehvilainen, Bjornfot, Beaudoin,

2016: 13e, 2017: 1er, 2018: 8e, 2019: 1er 2020: 4e

So you have Hart as a rookie keep. I wouldn't keep Varlamov, uinless he gets a starting gig somewhere, which I doubt happens. I might tell you to keep Greiss if Lehner moves elsewhere, and not if Lehner returns to Long Island.

I'd want to see your whole roster and keeper options/rules. I have a feeling you may have better skater options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    So you have Hart as a rookie keep. I wouldn't keep Varlamov, uinless he gets a starting gig somewhere, which I doubt happens. I might tell you to keep Greiss if Lehner moves elsewhere, and not if Lehner returns to Long Island.

I'd want to see your whole roster and keeper options/rules. I have a feeling you may have better skater options.
    Which of the 3 goalies below would be a good # 2 goalie for 1 of next years keeper player .......

- Bobrovsky
    - Grubauer
    - Binnington

If they all cost the same to acquire, you want Bobrovsky.

Any of them are fine, but Bobrovsky is a #1 not a #2 if Hart is your other goalie. It's not that I don't believe in Hart, but Grubauer & Binnington are a little more proven than Hart at the NHL level, but not enough more proven to be a clear #1 over him. This is coming from a Flyers fan who had Patrick Roy as a #2 goalie in dynasty for a long time.

The Great One

I feel like quick might get moved. If he lands on say a Calgary? That's winning the Powerball...