Thread: Kings offically hire McLellan as new HC

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Kings offically hire McLellan as new HC

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/todd-...gs/c-306812622

The LA Kings have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract for Todd McLellan to serve as the club's new head coach, it was announced today by Kings Vice President and General Manager Rob Blake.

McLellan becomes the 29th head coach in club history, and he comes with a wealth of experience as a head coach in the NHL, having already logged 11 seasons of head coaching experience in both Edmonton (three-plus seasons with the Oilers) and San Jose (seven seasons with the Sharks). In 2008, he won a Stanley Cup Championship while serving as an assistant coach with the Detroit Red Wings.

McLellan's has a career record of 434-282-90 in 806 regular season games (.594 points percentage). His 434 regular season wins are ranked 33rd all-time and 11th among active coaches in the NHL. McLellan-led teams have eclipsed the 50-win plateau three times and 100-plus points five times during his coaching career. Additionally, his teams have advanced to the Stanley Cup Playoffs in seven of his 10 full seasons behind an NHL bench and he has a career post-season record of 37-38 over 75 games (.493 winning percentage).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Kings offically hire McLellan as new HC

Swing and a miss... Strike one on Botterill's search in Buffalo.

After his tenure in Edmonton. It's hard to say whether or not this is a good hire. LA isn't a quick turnaround team. We'll get to really see what McLellan can do as a coach
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

^^^ totally agree.. i think he will get exposed in LA.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Glad he's not coming to the Flyers. The Oilers had too much front line talent to be that bad repeatedly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Must not have been much interest from other teams searching for him to jump on the Titanic that is known as the LA Kings.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Must not have been much interest from other teams searching for him to jump on the Titanic that is known as the LA Kings.
    Most of the "good" teams are still in the playoffs. Buffalo had a lot of interest as well.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Most of the "good" teams are still in the playoffs. Buffalo had a lot of interest as well.
    Yes, I agree. That good teams are in the playoffs. But the teams that are outside the playoffs I would consider some of them 'sinking ships' and some of them as 'on the rise'.

When he was hired by Edmonton, they would have been considered a team on the rise.... so maybe his tenure in Edmonton prevented other teams that on the rise from truly wanting him. So maybe that is why Buffalo didn't hire him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes, I agree. That good teams are in the playoffs. But the teams that are outside the playoffs I would consider some of them 'sinking ships' and some of them as 'on the rise'.

When he was hired by Edmonton, they would have been considered a team on the rise.... so maybe his tenure in Edmonton prevented other teams that on the rise from truly wanting him. So maybe that is why Buffalo didn't hire him.
    Im not so sure Buffalo didn't hire him as much as he chose to stay on the West Coast and go to LA. While no one knows for sure, but I am confident that Buffalo would have loved to have him as their new Head Coach.

Administrator

A lot of teams labeled as being on the rise don't ever get past that state. Maybe he prefers the leadership of guys like Kopitar and Doughty along with new young talent over the group in Buffalo?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust