View Poll Results: Which player is most poorly utilized by his team?

Voters
71. This poll is closed
  • Josh Anderson

7 9.86%
  • Oliver Bjorkstrand

4 5.63%
  • Pavel Buchnevich

6 8.45%
  • Paul Byron

0 0%
  • Brett Connolly

1 1.41%
  • Phillip Danault

1 1.41%
  • Vince Dunn

0 0%
  • Alex Galchenyuk

2 2.82%
  • Dougie Hamilton

13 18.31%
  • Travis Konecny

4 5.63%
  • Mike Matheson

1 1.41%
  • Charlie McAvoy

4 5.63%
  • J.T. Miller

6 8.45%
  • William Nylander

1 1.41%
  • Brandon Pirri

2 2.82%
  • Jesse Puljujarvi

7 9.86%
  • Ryan Pulock

6 8.45%
  • Jakob Silfverberg

1 1.41%
  • Frank Vatrano

4 5.63%
  • Pavel Zacha

1 1.41%

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Poorly Utilized Player

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Poorly Utilized Player

Welcome back to another Roos Lets Loose poll/tournament. My two most recent polls asked you to get out your crystal balls and look ahead five years, but this time we’re focusing on the here and now and an all-important subject for poolies – which skater is the most poorly utilized by his team. These are skaters you believe are capable of doing more in real (and fantasy) hockey if they only would get a better chance, whether that means on a scoring line or more PP time or something else that’s holding them back from being able to showcase their true potential.

Note that I didn’t include as voting choices any players who are still teenagers or who’ve player fewer than 100 NHL games, since in that case you can somewhat “forgive/’ their teams for treading carefully. Even still, it was pretty easy for me to reach the maximum 20 choices (and trust me I’d have included more if I could’ve, so don’t blame me for Jakub Vrana, Samuel Girard and Nick Bjugstad, among others, not being on the list).

Unlike the most recent polls, this time you’ll only be able to vote on the one player you believe is truly being the most poorly utilized by his team - that is, no multiple votes allowed. So think long and hard about your choice and make it a good one, since the results will serve as fantasy advice to your fellow Dobberites.

Feel free to vote now (this is being posted on Monday) or wait until Wednesday when the accompanying column is posted. I’m very curious how this one will turn out......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Poorly Utilized Player

Before looking at the options, Hamilton was the first one that popped into my head. He has much more upside than what he has seen in Carolina, and Faulk really hasn't done anything to deserve that PP1 spot for so long. That's a key point for me with underutilized players, I the difference between having better/other options, and not.

Hamilton didn't get my vote though, as that goes to Puljujarvi. Very few options for tp tier wings on the first two lines, but they stick him in the bottom 6/press-box anyways. To be under-utilized you need to actually have talent to spare, and we think Pulj has that, however one could argue we haven't seen it yet.

Going to be an interesting poll, and an interesting article!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Poorly Utilized Player

I went Matheson. I get Fla not really having a choice with a 60pt Yandle in front of him... but Matheson is a 60pt Dman just waiting to bust open.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4