View Poll Results: How Many Games Will Kadri be Suspended For?

Voters
41. This poll is closed

1 2.44%
  • 1 or 2

13 31.71%
  • 3 or 4

10 24.39%
  • 5 or 6

15 36.59%
  • 7 or 8

0 0%
  • 9 or amore

2 4.88%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How Many Games For Kadri?

Administrator

Default Re: How Many Games For Kadri?

NHL has done the "remainder of series" suspension before, and not surprising they did it again here. Most importantly here is if the Leafs lose this round there's no suspension carry-over to next year, which would have happened if they had given him a fixed amount.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Big Daddy

Give him 3 or give him 5! A suspension that screams “our refs are incompetent”. Don’t want to burden them with possibility of Kadri and DeBrusk going at it again. Said it once and I’ll say it again, NHL is goddamn bushleague.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd like to say it was a good season for Kadri, but that would be a lie. I am not surprised though, getting bumped to the 3rd line with JT coming in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Leaf fans should not be upset with this. It's the best outcome for the Leafs. He wasn't coming back in this series anyway and after this round it's swept under the rug. So no games missed next round and no games missed next year.

Dobber Sports Star

Ya, Kadri had no choice but to cross check him in the face - oh as a multiple repeat offender. It's the ref's fault... Seriously, is that people blinded by their Maple Leaf Homerness? To me, that is like the home invader suing the home owner because their dog bit him while he was robbing them and they didn't have proper "Beware of Dog" signs up or a guy blaming his girlfriend over the fact that he beats her, I mean he wouldn't if she stopped nagging him all the time, right?

Rylant

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Leaf fans should not be upset with this. It's the best outcome for the Leafs. He wasn't coming back in this series anyway and after this round it's swept under the rug. So no games missed next round and no games missed next year.
    I know this comment isn’t directed at me but...

I’m fine with it being 3 games. I’m fine with it being 4 games. I’m even fine with it being 5 games. But pick a goddamn number. What this suspension says to me is that the suspension is 3 games but because there is a possibility of the Leafs and Bruins playing 5 more games, let’s save ourselves the hassle and referee embarrassment and give him 3-5. They have no trust in their officiating team to handle a personal rivalry on the ice that they suspend a guy for only the amount of games remaining versus a certain team? Absolutely ridiculous. I’m not an upset Leafs fan. I’m an upset hockey fan. Player Safety has been so inconsistent and most of the time an absolute joke and they just made their biggest bone headed call of the year here.

Administrator

You seem to value how the league handles the process over which outcome benefits the Leafs. So from that perspective yeah the league looks like it lacks the courage to make a real decision. They just wanted to keep Kadri out of the series while also not potentially costing him game payouts next year, which could have brought on an appeal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post

I’m fine with it being 3 games. I’m fine with it being 4 games. I’m even fine with it being 5 games. But pick a goddamn number. What this suspension says to me is that the suspension is 3 games but because there is a possibility of the Leafs and Bruins playing 5 more games, let’s save ourselves the hassle and referee embarrassment and give him 3-5. They have no trust in their officiating team to handle a personal rivalry on the ice that they suspend a guy for only the amount of games remaining versus a certain team? Absolutely ridiculous. I’m not an upset Leafs fan. I’m an upset hockey fan. Player Safety has been so inconsistent and most of the time an absolute joke and they just made their biggest bone headed call of the year here.
    Think of it as a 5 game sentence with the potential for parole after 3 games.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post

I honestly don't know why you're so cheesed lol, this probably turned into the best possible outcome for the Leafs.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Best outcome for the Leafs, but worst outcome for the League as a whole. Multiple repeat offender for HEAD SHOTS. If the Leafs win out, it's the same suspension as last playoffs. No increase.

The league was given an opportunity to send a message head shots won't be tolerated. they f---ed up. Should have been a min-hard 5.
    If Kadri can't keep his shit together vs. Boston. What happens if he plays Columbus next round? Jenner going to eat him up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Best outcome for the Leafs, but worst outcome for the League as a whole. Multiple repeat offender for HEAD SHOTS. If the Leafs win out, it's the same suspension as last playoffs. No increase.

The league was given an opportunity to send a message head shots won't be tolerated. they f---ed up. Should have been a min-hard 5.
    If Kadri can't keep his shit together vs. Boston. What happens if he plays Columbus next round? Jenner going to eat him up
    Jenner, Anderson, Foligno, Savard, etc. Definitely not any easier than this round. The only saving grace is there isn't that same history as with Boston.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Jenner, Anderson, Foligno, Savard, etc. Definitely not any easier than this round. The only saving grace is there isn't that same history as with Boston.
    it will only take two shifts for Kadri to start writing it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

This is the right punishment. Could have probably been more, but this series could have gotten quite ugly if Kadri was allowed to return, which im pretty certain had a lot of weight in the decision.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree that is a lenient suspension for Kadri. I expected it to be longer.

Something I noticed in Game 3; Boston did not come out flying, hitting anything that moves (Leafs outhit Boston 42-33??), going after guys and causing scrums after every play.

Why would you change your approach when that led to your domination of Game 2? Only reason I see is that the league sent a message to both teams indicating that that type of play would not be tolerated moving forward and that the reffing would be back to normal. Just goes to show how much of a debacle that game actually was.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Agree that is a lenient suspension for Kadri. I expected it to be longer.

Something I noticed in Game 3; Boston did not come out flying, hitting anything that moves (Leafs outhit Boston 42-33??), going after guys and causing scrums after every play.

Why would you change your approach when that led to your domination of Game 2? Only reason I see is that the league sent a message to both teams indicating that that type of play would not be tolerated moving forward and that the reffing would be back to normal. Just goes to show how much of a debacle that game actually was.
    I think it was more Toronto playing through the hitting and just out skated them in the first 10min.

Pretty sure this was what Dubas was wanting. If you're not a big team, out skate them. You can't get hit if you're faster then them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll