Thread: Kakko trade

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Kakko trade

Thinking about trading for the #2 pick to get Kakko...I have Mittlestadt, Zadina, Borgstrom available to trade. How many of those 3 would you offer? Is Kakko's upside considerably higher than those 3? Mainly talking points only upside, but our league is multi cat as well if that sways an opinion.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kakko trade

Like all 3, wouldnt trade 2 for 1. What picks do you have, how many protections. Don't think Kakko upside higher than any of those guys, maybe slightly.
    Try player + pick for Kakko
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

I have picks 1, 3, 8, 19
    We have 23 man prospect rosters. I'm coming out of a rebuild and made playoffs this year. Was thinking about packaging some guys for an elite player. I also have guys like Frost, Joulevi, Girard, Liljegren.
    Love Kakko but he won't be cheap

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just take Kakko with the 1st pick maybe?

Dobber Sports Deity

It's funny how values change on drafted kids compared to draft picks and how much people are willing to pay for the excitement of making a high pick. In a years time, people will be willing to deal Kakko for a high pick; wait and see.

I don't think Kakkos upside is any higher than any of the three names you mention in your OP so I'd deal one of them for the 2nd pick and not a cent more. Anything more and you've overpaid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Awesome thanks guys.
    I definitely find myself being caught up in "the next best thing" come draft time... reading to much into the hype train. Your right though, next year Kakko will be old news.
    I'll take Hughes at #1 and be happy!
    Appreciate the feedback

Dobber Sports Deity

If you keep trading your youth for draft picks, you'll always be rebuilding. At some point, you want your youth to help you win.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Very true...
    My thinking was I'd start consolidating some assets for better ones, though sounds like Kakko might not even be that much better?
    My pro team is getting better with guys like Laine Rantanen Marner PLD now J Hughes, and my prospect team is stacked so was starting to think quality over quantity. Though maybe I should just hold and see if these 3 become stars. Our prospect game limit is 164 before they have to be called up, so I got another year for Mittlestadt, longer for Borgy and Zadina.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you're going to package youth, do it for guys who are established, not unknowns.