Thread: Winnipeg White-Out

Dobber Sports Icon

Angry Winnipeg White-Out

I can't even begin to describe how absurd this is. Whiny little self-entitled millenials who think they live under the yoke of oppression.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ipeg-1.5094772

Dear Black Space Winnipeg - from a "coloured" guy who was born in the Peg almost 50 years ago, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, go f@ck yourself. You are the ones triggering people. There is no freer, less oppressive place to live on the planet. You have no idea how damn good you have it.

But you have to hold your breath, stomp your feet and shake your fists at the sky because people are wearing white, and try to ruin a street festival that is all about unifying the community for one of our most beloved traditions, playoff hockey in Winnipeg.

If I didn't make it clear earlier, you can go f@ck yourself .

I'd say it to your damn face if you had the guts to show it.

GO JETS GO.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Winnipeg White-Out

I agree with this. The “white out” isn’t about race, it’s replicating snow (because Winnipeg) and the fact that it started when the home team wore white jerseys. It’s detracting, disingenuous, and belittling actual racial issues to pretend this is about race.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just plain dumb.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

lol, there is no hope for some people. Haha, triggered because of the colour of a shirt! That's awesome! Of course CBC gives this exposure, trying to make this seem like a serious issue. Maybe we should pass a law that no more than 20 people can wear white within one city block? lol Hilarious.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

The irony.... That's odd, out of nowhere, I suddenly feel like "Black Space" is offensive to me. I think I'll start a petition to force a name change for their group.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Legitimately I have full support of the cause. The part that bothers me is the gross misinterpretation. Race relations are a serious problem in the US, and a lessor but existent problem in Canada. Marginalizing the issue lime this is so ridiculous. It reminds of the “white Christmas” issue around the holidays. “I’m dreaming about a white Christmas” is not about race, it’s about the colour of snow which is white. The white out in Winnepig is also about the color of snow, and not race. Making things that don’t relate to race about race marginalizes and discredits the actual issue, and it’s so insulting.

Dobber Sports Stud

If the WPG White-Out is racist then so are Red Pine, Red Maple, Black Spruce, White Spruce, White Birch, Yellow Birch, Red Oak, White Oak, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe everything should be rainbow colour...oh, wait a minute......
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anyone else find it ironic that the name of the organization is Black Space and they are complaining about the Whiteout.

I would insert a picture of a snowflake but then the organization might come after me because snowflakes are white.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The irony here is hilarious. Snowflakes complaining about the colour of snow.