Thread: Who should i protect??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Post Who should i protect??

Hey Guys,

Looking for some help. I'm in a keeper league, 9 teams, points only. I have one spot in a left in my protected 8.

Here are my definite protected 7 so far not sure who should fit in at #8.

1. Kucherov
    2. Crosby
    3. Pastrnak
    4. Tavares
    5. Hall
    6. DeBrincat
    7. Krug

8. ???

Now here's where Im need help. Here are my choices.

1. Forsberg
    2. Hertl
    3. Gustafsson

Other choices but don't think they make the cut.
    4. Yandle
    5. Radulov
    6. Subban
    7. O'Reilly

Any advice would be great. Also picking 8th in the draft next year every round and I don't have a 1st round pick going into next year.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Who should i protect??

RoR for me, maybe Hertl
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Is it H2H? Yearly set up, weekly, daily? Radulov might have the best PPG out of that lot, so it's down to him or ROR for me.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Its down to

ROR - he scored at an awesome pace this year, and St. Louis should be good for the full year next year, not just part.
    Radulov - depends how far Dallas makes it in playoffs, but he is a solid option playing with Seguin
    Subban - In a Keep 8 I would like to keep a D if there are positional requirements and he is the better D option, unless salary is considered
    Forsberg - not as good of year for him this year as compared to last.

Dobber Sports Titan

Choice would be between Radulov and Yandle for me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Choice would be between Radulov and Yandle for me.
    I owned Yandle in two out of three of my leagues this years was most impressed but do you think he puts up those gaudy PP numbers again? My only real concern with him.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I owned Yandle in two out of three of my leagues this years was most impressed but do you think he puts up those gaudy PP numbers again? My only real concern with him.
    It's a legit concern with the coaching change, it's a bit of a gamble. Look at Gustafsson before and after quenville. And I really like yandle but I would be expecting 5 less ppp next season at minimum (still an underwater defensmen in points only leagues).

As for your question I think Gustafsson is not getting enough love. That said I think he'll be one of the easiest to re draft from your group but wanted to say he gets consideration from me and I'll be targeting him next season.

Then I'm deciding between RoR, Radulov, and Hertl. I lean RoR for the same reasons PH mentioned (he was really good this year on a down season for the blues and we all expect them to be better next season).

Hertl I feel is another semi-under the radar forward that could be re drafted and Radulov will just plain suck to lose but you can only pick one.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Gustafsson is really where I leaning too as once Quenneville left he actually shined and D that put up pts is hard to find

Under Quenneville not sure Yandle will preform as well as he did this year.

I like ROR but I think he will be available in later rounds for me to draft him again.

Hertl I really contemplating keeping him and I finally feel he’s becoming the player we all thought he would be. My only confirm is he gets injured.

Forsberg is tough for me to let go as last year he performed at a point a game pace but injuries hurt him this year. Unsure if he’ll ever be a 70 pt player though.

So all in all I’m lean btw Hertl and Gustafsson.
    Between those two who would you pick?

Thanks again for the response.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

How many do you start at each spot?

Gustafsson isn't comparable to Yandle, really. Gustafsson is a 3rd year NHL player who blossomed once he wrested PP time away from the less productive grizzled vets on Chicago after Quenneville was let go. Yandle IS the grizzled vet who is still very rpoductive, and is a 4 time all star, who hasn't scored under 30 points since he was a 21 year old rookie, and that was his last season under 40, excluding the lockout.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.