Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pengwin7's Joe Pavelski Love Thread

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Pengwin7's Joe Pavelski Love Thread

I may be in this thread all by myself... but Joe Pavelski has been my favourite player in hockey for probably the last 3-5 years.
    Those in the WHL with me probably know that I was absolutely crushed when praba took Pavelski with the pick before me in the 2nd round in 2015:

RW Hartford Whalers (Savvy1982) Strome, Ryan - NYI 17 41 LS
    RW Markham Waxers (praba) Pavelski, Joe - SJ 18 42 LS
    G Windsor Spitfires (Pengwin7) Lundqvist, Henrik - NYR 19 43 LQA
    G Highland Scotch Hounds... Bobrovsky, Sergei - CBJ 20 44 LS
    G Braham Pietasters (glorybe23) Allen, Jake - STL 21 45 LS

It took me 2.5 seasons (of zipping my mouth and waiting for the perfect LOW-HI opportunity) where I finally landed Pavelski... for same Henrik Lundqvist that I drafted.

Pavelski is just an effin WINNER.
    He's not flashy, but his hockey IQ is high... he's a leader!
    I was so happy when the Sharks made him captain - gosh I hope he gets resigned.
    This guys DESERVES a STANLEY CUP! Go Sharks Go!

Those in the RHRS know that I target Pavelski every year... but eventually... word was out on his multi-cat play... and how steady he was... people knew I'd draft him when my turn came...
    Every season he gets sniped right before that "feeling" that "Pengwin's gonna take him if I don't reach for him".

Last night - Pavelski entered the holy grail of WARRIORS... who lose teeth in play... but no biggie, if they win.

Here's to you, Joe!
    One of the most underrated player in hockey over last 10 years!!!

If you've had or got some love for the great Pavelski... here's your place to let it fly!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pengwin7's Joe Pavelski Love Thread

Own him every year in pools when I can, so I'm in the same boat. I also have a very good friend of mine who is a big Sharks /Jumbo Joe fan, so I have watched more than my fair share of the Joe's over the last few years (even as an East Coaster).

Here's to Joe

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to trade for him in the PQMC I could make him available to you as I have too many keepers haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I have him in one of my keepers. I wont say I have the same love you do, but hes definitely a gamer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pavelski is definitely one of the most underrated players in the NHL - right up there with Wheeler and Barkov imo.

I understand what you mean by it - but I don't know if I can call him a "winner" yet given he hasn't really won anything in the NHL or internationally. At the end of the day, winners find a way to win and Sharks haven't gotten over that hump.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't have a word doc worth of content to add, but we have threads full of arguments with Roos to show I fully agree.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    he hasn't really won anything in the NHL or internationally.
    I didn't say he was a "champion"... just that he was a winner.
    Have the Sharks ever had a losing team with him?

Also... this...

Also... this.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Coming into this thread I really did not know what to expect. Glad it was kept PG.

Dobber Sports Sage

I am definitely appreciative of his career. My question is, I have 2 RW keeper spots for next year. I have Lindholm, Stone, and Pavelski. Do I keep Pavelski? I'd rather be a year too early than too late.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Winners win...............Little Joe following in big Joe's footsteps......

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I am definitely appreciative of his career. My question is, I have 2 RW keeper spots for next year. I have Lindholm, Stone, and Pavelski. Do I keep Pavelski? I'd rather be a year too early than too late.
    I would probably keep the other 2.....

The Magnificent One

Bumping this thread because Joe looks to finally be showing signs of age. But knowing my track record of being wrong over and over again about him, perhaps me resurrecting this thread will cause him to go on a huge scoring streak. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Bumping this thread because Joe looks to finally be showing signs of age. But knowing my track record of being wrong over and over again about him, perhaps me resurrecting this thread will cause him to go on a huge scoring streak. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    I would say Pavelski isn't quite fitting in with the Stars.
    I certainly wouldn't/haven't pumped him as a good-value acquisition this year.
    He's definitely in his declining years.

Anyways... I'd kind of say it is in bad taste to bump this particular thread.
    Pavelski has always been a personal fave of mine.
    The thread was intended just as a bit of a tribute to a hell of a captain.
    Everybody declines.
    To bump a thread about somebody's fave player... when they are having a bad year... that's kind of shitty, IMO.

If you wanted to bump a proper thread, bump the one where Pavelski signs with the Stars.
    That one would be a good one to criticize people's opinions after 35gp (including mine, if you like).

Administrator

If he had 34 points instead of 14 we would certainly be reviving this thread.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If he had 34 points instead of 14 we would certainly be reviving this thread.
    Who would?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I would say Pavelski isn't quite fitting in with the Stars.
    I certainly wouldn't/haven't pumped him as a good-value acquisition this year.
    He's definitely in his declining years.

Anyways... I'd kind of say it is in bad taste to bump this particular thread.
    Pavelski has always been a personal fave of mine.
    The thread was intended just as a bit of a tribute to a hell of a captain.
    Everybody declines.
    To bump a thread about somebody's fave player... when they are having a bad year... that's kind of shitty, IMO.

If you wanted to bump a proper thread, bump the one where Pavelski signs with the Stars.
    That one would be a good one to criticize people's opinions after 35gp (including mine, if you like).
    Did you read my post? I admitted being wrong and hoped he'd turn things around. Another reason I chose to bump this thread is because it was easy to find because I remembered it had my name in it. There was no malice or ill will meant to be conveyed, and, to be honest, I find your reaction a bit snowflaky.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/