Thread: Hischier's Value with Hughes

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hischier's Value with Hughes

Assuming NJ takes Hughes... In a multi cat league how would Hughes effect Hischier's fantasy value? Hischier looks like a stud, and I think having another high end talent can help this team all around.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hischier's Value with Hughes

I'm not sure it affects it much. I'm sure the long term goal is to have them as a 1-2 punch down the middle for years. As to who ends up being 1 and who becomes 2 is still yet to be seen. We can all assume but none of us truly know how it will go.

Either way, that's how I see it playing out down the road.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

They're both Centres so 5x5 - different lines.
    if they pull Hall to line up with Hughes 5x5 - that could hurt.
    Drawing top D matchups off of Hischier will help - or if he stays with Hall, he'll draw the top matchups next year
    His PP production should go up with a high end option being added

Overall, it only helps Hughes long term.
    The only affect will really be with offensive production, In MC leagues, Hischier will continue with similar periphs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Assuming NJ takes Hughes... In a multi cat league how would Hughes effect Hischier's fantasy value? Hischier looks like a stud, and I think having another high end talent can help this team all around.
    Im with you on this. Jack Hughes(assuming hes the pick)can only make Hischier value higher.. Hughes may start as a RW, not C(dont get scared that he will overtake Hischier's spot)...At least for the next season I see Hischier plays with Palmieri and Hall while Hughes get to play with these 3 on the PP. Hughes may start as RW but is possible that he gets minutes as a center too. Thats because I thing the Devils will prefer him to play that position. It would be better for the team dept in my opinion. Hughes may get some minutes next to Hischier as a wing...a lot can happen. Also depends of how FA will go for the Devils. They are gonna be active on the market for sure.
    But is one thing what the Devils prefer and where Hughes is going to be better
    Devils & Predators fan

Administrator

I doubt it changes much, and might help on the PP if they're both out there at the same time. Hall could be moved to the Hughes line but that can also happen if anyone else was centering the 2nd line. Lines get juggled a lot.

Hughes in NJ hurts Zajac and Zacha a lot.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Been reading the nj fan site and it seems like most are suggesting Hughes will be the first pick and I hope it is for NJ. Given that ofcourse any pick there will be aweosmeZ

I think having nico and Hughes as 1-2 punch will only help each other. A lot are saying look at it like malkin Crosby situation (yes not as good as them but pointing to the setup). They both have shinned over the years as will Nico and Hughes.

How lines play out is anyone’s guess. I probably see Hughes as a better player than nico but we all see nicos and halls chemistry so why mess with that for now.

As for depth players I can see Zacha and McLeod get shifted to wing and that can help cusion them. Look for a big splash to get a Winger through FA so everything can change ofcourse
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi