Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: NHL Draft Lottery

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: NHL Draft Lottery

Interesting compilations of draft rankings here: https://postmediaedmontonjournal2.fi...9.32.33-am.png

Cozens, Byram and Dach starting to gel in the 4-6 spots. Hard for me to see teams like CHI or COL taking Podkolzin given their windows are open right now and there are talented players who will not be a 2-3 year wait available.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I mean, I know you just want a reason to be bitter, but that’s just weak man. The lottery obviously isn’t rigged, it’s kinda farcical to even bring something like that up at this point.
    Nothing to be bitter about. No dog in the fight. Wasnt really suggesting it was rigged. It just came out awfully close to the way NHL marketing would have arranged it, is all.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Nothing to be bitter about. No dog in the fight. Wasnt really suggesting it was rigged. It just came out awfully close to the way NHL marketing would have arranged it, is all.
    Just to contrast that opinion, wouldn't you think the top tier markets have saturated their markets a lot more than the bottom tier markets? Meaning there's a lot less room to grow in the bigger markets. If you had a star player like Hughes go to Arizona, LA, ANA, etc, you could likely milk a lot more profit out of those markets, so really I think it's the opposite of what the NHL marketing department would come up with in a dream scenario.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Best case scenario marketing wise for the individual players and their agents moreso than the NHL for sure.

Chicago is in their window? News to me.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Just to contrast that opinion, wouldn't you think the top tier markets have saturated their markets a lot more than the bottom tier markets? Meaning there's a lot less room to grow in the bigger markets. If you had a star player like Hughes go to Arizona, LA, ANA, etc, you could likely milk a lot more profit out of those markets, so really I think it's the opposite of what the NHL marketing department would come up with in a dream scenario.
    I think the league wouldnt necessarily be thrilled about lengthy rebuilds occurring for three teams in the top 2 markets. All three of those teams get a major lift here that advances things. Again, not saying it was rigged, just seems awfully cute to me.