Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade away McDavid for Kane, Stamkos, Point

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trade away McDavid for Kane, Stamkos, Point

Quote Originally Posted by CookiesMonsters View Post
    Thanks for all the input!

I get what you mean about trading him mid-season, if anything.

But what about IF I can land Vasilevski?

At this point I'd love to do McDavid + Gibson for Vas + 1 or 2 keepers
    Generally the smaller the amount of keepers the less inclined I am to keep a goalie. I get vas is the best candidate but he also tends to miss time (small sample size) and goalies are the least predictable position season to season.

That said if any goalie should be kept in a keep 5 with 3 of 9 cats going to goalies Vas is that goalie. Im just not convinced he's better to keep than McDavid and I don't think I'll get there.

As EB mentioned we'd need to see the entire trade to give a definitive opinion. Show your 5 keepers with and without the trade and you'll get the best answer.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

There are usually 17-20 goalies kept. In a 20 team league with 82 Games Played as the target for 1 starting Goalie it's pretty much mandatory if you want to compete.

Without trade my team is Gibson, McDavid, Mackinnon, Malkin, Benn

With trade my team is Vas, Mackinnon, Malkin or Benn, and let's assume I can pick any 2 of his guys.

- - - Updated - - -

....which are Kane, Stamkos, Point, Petersson, Karlsson, Burns
    16 Team Roto : Season 16 : Keep*5 : C,LW,RW, 4F, 3D, G, 4B, 2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, GW : W, SV%, SO

C: McDavid*
    LW: Keller*
    RW: Nylander*
    F: MacKinnon*

D:

G: Shesterkin*

B:

*Keeper

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you had a league re-draft from scratch right now.. Odds are the top 3 picks are

McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon. I get wanting to upgrade Gibson (due to team in front) But not at the expense of McD or Mack. There are always late round value draft picks for G... Lehner the prime example.

vs. someone who kept Bob in their 5 and suffered the entire season with him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you had a league re-draft from scratch right now.. Odds are the top 3 picks are

McDavid, Kucherov, MacKinnon. I get wanting to upgrade Gibson (due to team in front) But not at the expense of McD or Mack. There are always late round value draft picks for G... Lehner the prime example.

vs. someone who kept Bob in their 5 and suffered the entire season with him.
    Agreed. Your team is better off next year without the trade. You have two of the three top keepers in the game and they are both super young. 40 percent of your keepers are locked for the next decade. There's nothing wrong with Gibson as your goalie keeper. I'll take Gibson and mcdavid anyday over Vas and 'fill in the blank forward that isn't Mackinnon or Kucherov'.

I'll reiterate that the only way I'd consider trading either mc or Mac would be if it allbut guaranteed me a championship during the season in a keep 5.

Rename your team 'McMac' and enjoy being competitive for the next decade.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Side note I'm thinking of renaming my team in signature Team 'McKooch' for the same reason. In a keep two I will almost never trade either of them. Never say never but the offer would have to guarantee me another championship or its an auto reject. In the off season? No offer I can think of can accomplish that in a keep two (similarly in a keep 5 when your other keepers are already quite strong).

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):