Poll: TB or CBJ

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Semi: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC) Columbus Blue Jackets

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Atlantic Semi: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC) Columbus Blue Jackets

Coming to terms with the fact that the NHL regular season matters the least of any professional sport is disappointing.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Atlantic Semi: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC) Columbus Blue Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    CBJ are the VGK of this year
    More like the '03 Ducks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Coming to terms with the fact that the NHL regular season matters the least of any professional sport is disappointing.
    I was thinking this exact thing yesterday. What is the point of 82 games if the top teams don't have much, if any, advantage. Go back to 1 v 16, 2 v 15, but the NHL would have to have more of a balanced schedule...and their precious "rivalries" which is really all about cost savings on travel expenses.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Tell that to the teams outside of the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Tell that to the teams outside of the playoffs.
    The teams that finished 29, 26, and 20 are drafting 1, 2, and 3. It's irrelevant for them too.

Dobber Sports Deity

The teams that finished 29, 26, and 20 are drafting 1, 2, and 3. It's irrelevant for them too.
    I am pretty confident most of them (if not all) would trade that pick to be in the playoffs right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Anyone else hoping TB wins 1 or 2 games just to wear CBJ down a bit before the 2nd round? I took the Leafs to win in 6. I'd rather not meet a fresh Columbus in the 2nd round. If Bos wins... well, I hope CBJ runs right through them like a buzz saw.. heh.

I think TB takes game 4.. but no series come back. Just a waste of 62 wins
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

BOLD PREDICTION:

Kucherov puts the Lightning on his back and carries them through the rest of the first round.

He scores 6 goals and adds 6 assists for 12 points in the next 4 games.

Tampa comes out on top in game 7.

Dobber Sports Jedi

2-1 Jackets early... Just no let up with this team..

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow! Biggest choke ever?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Wow! Biggest choke ever?
    Can't remember one like this. 4 straight. Total craziness.

So who is the favorite now? I still like Nashville, but Washington can repeat.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Wowowwow... Some lucky bloke in Vegas is going to cash in on this! Maybe only Tortz saw this coming.

Dobber Sports Master

Crazy. Agree with the others who wondered what the point of an 82 game season was?!?!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

The Lightning got what they deserved for what felt to me like uninspired play. Give Columbus all the credit as they played so well but I'm thoroughly disappointed in the effort from TB.

That being said, I thought a lot more penalties could've and probably should've been called in this series. The discrepancy compared to other series is significant. The Bolts would've fared better with more special teams play.

Dobber Sports Jedi

3 Empty net goals... Pure Tortz right there. Gas pedal all the way down - all the time. Do not let up.