Poll: Bruins or Leafs

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Division: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Atlantic Division: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

10 games seems to be the consensus from both Olczyk and Jones on the post game show.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hell of a game though , now that was playoff hockey , both teams played it physical and will be licking their wounds tomorrow , Leafs lose Kadri but Bruins lose possibly both Krug and Debrusk. Gonna be some bad blood for game 3 , woosh, gotta love the intensity!!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Immortal

Who knew Sean Avery was such a big Leafs fan......

https://www.bardown.com/sean-avery-s...onse-1.1290410

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

I'm not a leafs fan, but man it was an entertaining game to watch, and the bruins came out with fire in their bellies. Kadri knows better, but then again so does debrusk. Both should be disciplined.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Icon

I’m biased as a Bruins fan but was it just me or did that video really come off as trying too hard to be edgy? I’m all for a good expletive filled rant under the right circumstances, but that just felt forced and foolish.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Id say Sean Avery should just go away , nobody cares what he has to say , except maybe Loui Debrusk who id like to see lay a beatdown on Avery!! lol

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I’m biased as a Bruins fan but was it just me or did that video really come off as trying too hard to be edgy? I’m all for a good expletive filled rant under the right circumstances, but that just felt forced and foolish.
    i agree , just watched it and he embarrassed himself.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Ninja

I do agree with him that AM34 needs to man up. Dude has been invisible.

Dobber Sports Titan

I honestly hate "playoff hockey" reffing. I never understood why the reffing/rules changes between game 82 and 83.

To the Bruins credit they know the new line that comes into play in the playoffs. But omg game 2 was nuts. Reffs let way to many things go and if the Refs aren't going to ref the games responsibly, the players will become vigilantes. Kadri did something crazy stupid and does deserve a suspension, but if they call the Debursk knee, does he do that?

Whatever, it's freaking ridiculous how they ref that game. It's ridiculous that the Leafs only player that was playing with passion turned his freaking flamethrower around and torched his own team. He's almost 30yrs old, at what point does his antics get too old for the team.

Kadri gets minimum 5 games.

Just listened to Morgan Rielly's post game. He said he talked to the ref and the ref said Kadri jumped and it was just a big hit...But Rielly goes on to say he thinks the refs did a good job on Saturday. If he says they did a good job, he knows what will happen to him if he speaks badly about them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    If I am Toronto, that is the last game Kadri plays for me. You can't trust him to keep his emotions in check. This is 2 playoffs in a row that he severely hurt his team by selfishly getting suspended. Hell, drop the gloves and take an instigator. Debrusk deserved something but you can't crosscheck a guy in the head.
    So here's my question to you: What do you do in today's NHL when teams start taking runs at your players and it feels like the line of what is okay and what isn't is getting moved further and further away? Drop the gloves and take an instigator? What if he refuses to fight you (which I guarantee Debrusk would do - that's how guys like him manage to be the most effective in their role).

I said it in the other thread but the real shame here is that Kadri is the only guy on the Leafs who is capable of playing with that edge. A lot of people discount the effect of having that bottom 6 bruiser player that can dish out punishment in today's NHL, but I think it's one of those things where you don't realize how badly you need it until you do. Evander Kane was chirping Ryan Reaves calling him a babysitter, but this is the same guy that looked at the Penguins bench in their brawl a couple months ago and asked them "who on your team is going to do something about it".

Also as an aside people need to stop giving Sean Avery a platform. Guy was a tool and he still is a tool. He's just looking for attention.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    So here's my question to you: What do you do in today's NHL when teams start taking runs at your players and it feels like the line of what is okay and what isn't is getting moved further and further away? Drop the gloves and take an instigator? What if he refuses to fight you (which I guarantee Debrusk would do - that's how guys like him manage to be the most effective in their role).

I said it in the other thread but the real shame here is that Kadri is the only guy on the Leafs who is capable of playing with that edge. A lot of people discount the effect of having that bottom 6 bruiser player that can dish out punishment in today's NHL, but I think it's one of those things where you don't realize how badly you need it until you do. Evander Kane was chirping Ryan Reaves calling him a babysitter, but this is the same guy that looked at the Penguins bench in their brawl a couple months ago and asked them "who on your team is going to do something about it".

Also as an aside people need to stop giving Sean Avery a platform. Guy was a tool and he still is a tool. He's just looking for attention.
    Playing with an edge and taking stupid, suspendable penalties aren't the same thing. Lots of guys play with an edge and don't get suspended.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I'd like to give props for Chara on not absolutely killing Kadri after the crosscheck though. That took a lot of restraint.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

Ask Krug about Muzzin
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll play the optimist here. As badly outplayed as the Leafs were in game 2. They actually cost themselves the game. The only really good goal Bos had was on the 5min PP. The other three were all from Leafs errors. Muzzin x2 and well.. Willy went Nilly behind his net.

As invisible as AM34 has been... he's getting some chances. Game 1 Kapanen & Johnsson played hot potato with 3 or 4 side to side passes that AM34 wasn't' able to get a stick on. He's gripping his stick to hard. Last year, it was game 4 before his name was mentioned. At least he's getting chances.

I was loving Kadri's fire up until he DeBrusked Jake in the face. The Leafs coaches should have seen that coming and tried to curtail Kadri from himself before. What a stupid play.

The difference this year vs. last with Kadri's suspension. The Leafs top 3 C's now... Tavares, AM34, Nylander/Marleau. Connor Brown moving up a line, getting more ice time is a good thing too. Tyler Ennis likely fills the hole.. and there's a lot of Leafs fans that don't think he should be scratched anyway.

I actually don't think Kadri will be missed.

Freddy Andersen - Is Back. He's the reason that wasn't a 9-1 game.

Keys to Game 3/Adjustments:
    1. Calmer, quicker movement of the puck in own zone.
    2. Clean, crisp passes (please make 3 in a row twice this game!)
    3. Start fast and hard. Probably the biggest knock over the majority of 2nd half of the season. They're just not ready to play. Boston will be. Leafs need to be hungrier first.
    4. AM34 needs to relax. Play a complete game, not worry about goals.
    5. Freddy be Freddy.
    6. Traffic/pressure on Rask, early & all game, too easy for him last game.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    To the Bruins credit they know the new line that comes into play in the playoffs. But omg game 2 was nuts. Reffs let way to many things go and if the Refs aren't going to ref the games responsibly, the players will become vigilantes. Kadri did something crazy stupid and does deserve a suspension, but if they call the Debursk knee, does he do that?
    Uh, probably. That's not even the first time Kadri has done that exact play (cross check to the head to exact revenge). Players get suspended for hits and still have to fight/answer for them all the time, look at Paul Byron.