Thread: Massive thanks to Dobber & the community! (Rebuild completed with a championship)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Massive thanks to Dobber & the community! (Rebuild completed with a championship)

Hi guys,

Back in 2016 i was totally clueless about prospects outside of Finland and had never played keeper fantasy before. I happened to find a cool super deep 20-team multi-cat dynasty league with a farm system on fantasy hockey reddit which needed someone to take over a bottom feeder team whose manager had bailed. I took the job and started a massive 3-year rebuild.

Some of you might remember me from these forums asking for trade advice from time to time. In fact, i ran all the trades i was hesitating about through these forums and i'm really glad i did because i might have not made some trades that turned out to be essential for my rebuild. I was really surprised back in 2016 how addictive and fun keeper fantasy could be with the right group of people and right setting. I started to read everything i possibly can about hockey prospects and it became a reason to even voluntarily play with excel which i previously thought to be the most boring thing imaginable.

Huge thanks goes to Dobber & his employees for hosting a community for passionate fantasy-hockey people and writing their guides, ramblings and releasing his top-lists monthly, even while battling with a lot more serious issues. I got so many of my trade targets by reading these guides, lists and these forums. It all led to me winning our highly competitive league after 3-years of rebuilding! The year i joined (2016) i finished dead last (20th) and even got ****ed in draft lottery and drafted at 7th position. I felt like i could never win since some top teams were stacked with picks , prospects and monster lineup but with hard work and help from this community i rose from the dumbster and took the championship and won my first official nhl jersey (those things are expensive here in Finland).

There were even couple managers in the league arrogant enough to say Dobber listings & advice are useless and that i should do the opposite because the advice here is mainly for points only leagues. I'm glad to have proven them wrong! Ofc not everything talked about here or in the guides applies to multi-cat or deep leagues in general but still there is so much detailed and useful information that its useful in every situation if you just take a moment to adjust the info to your leagues environment.

I'm looking forward to keep competing in fantasy hockey and i might even try to join another deep keeper league next year. Always been interested about cap-leagues so if anyone has an opening let me know! Like all of us im still student of this game, but in future i will try to share what i have learned, especially about multi-cat leagues since there is not that much talk about those around here!

Ill attach pictures of my starting lineup back in 2016 and core championship roster from this year. I also made a full compilation of all the 34 trades i made during this 3-year span and if anyone is interested you can check it out here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fum...ew?usp=sharing

If anybody happens to go through that compilation let me know which do you think were my best and my worst trades!

Once more, thanks to the whole Dobber community for helping me to reach my first keeper league championship!

And here are the rosters back in 2016 and right now:
    rebuildii.JPGcurrent2019.JPG
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Massive thanks to Dobber & the community! (Rebuild completed with a championship)

Cheers to an awesome rebuild. I love that Lucic is the only guy you still have through it all (unless you dealt him away then got him back?)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Massive thanks to Dobber & the community! (Rebuild completed with a championship)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Cheers to an awesome rebuild. I love that Lucic is the only guy you still have through it all (unless you dealt him away then got him back?)
    Thanks! I actually traded lucic in a massive trade where i got aho + point back in 2016. Lucic was dropped during finals last year and i had saved my faab and grabbed him! I thought it was a steal but he didnt bounce back like predicted. Still even while he is completely useless in points he finished around rank 210 because of his hits + pim totals
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Pro

Great work! Lots of good plays you made there.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Great work! Lots of good plays you made there.
    Thank you very much sir!
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm